Farm Administrator at Provider City Foundation
- Company: Provider City Foundation
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Osun Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Nigeria
Provider City Foundation (PCF) is a Christ-centred non-governmental organization with a mission to meet the needs of the less fortunate in the society. We aim to effectively tackle the triple challenges in Africa today: Agriculture/Food Security, Demographic and Environmental Health. This project is aimed at eradicating poverty and unleashing sustainable broad based and inclusive development in Gbongan, Osun State. It is designed as a catalyst and take off program for a broader, multi-partnership program to support the activities in promoting access of youths, men and women, to appropriate agribusiness entrepreneurial, leadership and management skills required for their effective participation in the creation of wealth and investments in commercially viable agribusiness enterprises in the community and surrounding local government of the State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Administrator
Location: Gbogan, Osun
Employment Type: Full Time
Overall Purpose of Job
- To ensure the effective planning, organizing and day-to-day operation of all farm enterprises, including the management of the Farm records and the effective management of Farm budgets and bookkeeping.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be resident in Osun state, preferably in Gbogan.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Upkeep of Entry level scheme, movement records, cattle passports etc
- Book keeping and invoicing
- Diary organising and PA to farm manager
- Input crop information into Gatekeeper, analyse data and carryout mapping and variable application plans as required
- Future planning of farm business, analysing capital expenditure and cost savings
- Be willing to assist on farm if and when required
- Other varied duties as required.
Qualifications / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Agriculture Economics, Business Administration or related subjects is desirable.
- At least three years General Farm Management and Administrator
- Experience of developing and implementing farm strategy and business proposals
- Staff Management
- Business and Financial Management
- Management of Livestock and Arable enterprises
- Precision agriculture systems.
- Ability to direct, coordinate and monitor workers activities, crop & animal management and production activities.
- Ability to assist in planning and preparing the finance reports, setting up budget limit for various farm activities, and maintaining the farm activities in agreement with the budgeted parameters.
- Ability to record information, such as finance report, production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares operational reports.
- Ability to purchase, utilize and maintain machinery, equipment, and supplies.
- Ability to meet production yield, confer with purchasers, arrange for sale of crops and meet sales target.
- Strict Compliance to farms standards and policies for e.g. health, safety, product quality, property and asset management and environment.
- Any other assigned duties or responsibilities related to the farm’s operation.
- Ability to work with people of all levels
- Helpful and enthusiastic
- Motivation to work with children and young people.
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and appropriate attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate participative processes.
- Independence, objectivity and integrity.
- Organized, methodic and meticulous.
- Develops, motivates and coaches direct reports.
- Promotes innovation and learning.
- Gain develop and retain credibility about his/her Performance.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice:
- Good management skills
- Good team player
- Good negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially excel and pivot tables.
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Good accounting, analytical and judgement skills
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- English, Yoruba and other Nigerian languages are important assets.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Internally: Working closely with the Executive Director, collaborating with other functions-business development, HR, program, communications & Marketing to ensure that Finance processes are integrated and aligned.
- Externally: Effective communications with government revenue office, PCF’s partners and other stakeholders as deemed necessary.
- While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position,other duties maybeassigned. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
- The position will be based in Osun State Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- Candidates should send no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document
- All applications must include the position title, location in the subject line.
- Applicants are advisedto provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letteras well asthree professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouragedto apply.
- PCF has a HR policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- Please note that only short-listed candidates willbe contactedfor interviews.
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Rural Homes Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Ralds & Agate Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Chemonics International
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Save the Children Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Vincintoire Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Risk Control Services Nigeria Limited (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Konga Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Willers Solutions Limited (21 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at TeamAce Limited (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Ultimus Holdings (11 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at U.S. Mission
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Asset and Equity Group
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at KPMG Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bethsaida Group of Companies
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Norwegian Refugee Council (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) – (13 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Skill “G” Nigeria Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at 9mobile
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Appzone Limited