WEWE Jobs in Nigeria : Project Director/Deputy Chief of Party
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
- Location: Akwa Ibom, Nigeria
- State: Akwa Ibom Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director/Deputy Chief of Party
The responsibility of WEWE – LOPIN 2 PD/DCOP is to provide support in the following areas:
- Overall Program Technical Leadership and Management,
- Program Quality,
- Management and Administration,
- Human Resource Management, and
- New Business Development and Resource Mobilization; which includes field team mobilization and leadership; development and implementation of work plans, writing of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports, coordination of site improvement monitoring remediation and action plans implementation, support for preparation and management of state operational budgets, development of scope of work for sub-grantees, support for financial pipeline and burn rate management and assisting the project in communication and coordination with donors and other partner organizations, and ensuring achievement of project results and objectives.
Overall Program Technical and Program Leadership and Management:
- Provide overall program leadership and management of program activities; and coordinate liaison with Government of Nigeria agencies, USAID, other development partners, partner organizations and other civil society organizations
- Work with key program staff and stakeholders to ensure accomplishment of program’s objectives and results and meeting expected technical quality standards
- Ensure that program’s strategies and activities are consistent with the priorities outlined in the annual Work Plan as well as WEWE and national policies
- Support the Quality Improvement Director to review and finalize the LOPIN-2 Project Standard Operating Procedure; ensure the incorporation of the relevant M&E components such as DQA, monthly and quarterly M&E activities
- Finalize and implement LOPIN-2 Graduation Strategy; finalize the Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Strategy and the Village Savings and Loans guidance. Ensure the strategy documents and guidance are professionally laid out and published.
Management and Administration:
- Support State Team leads to manage program budgets, including disbursement of funds and tracking of financial and material resources and ensure prompt retirements from the state to the finance team in WEWE Head Quarters in Abuja.
- In collaboration with WEWE Project Management Team (PMT), provide support to improve WEWE’s financial pipeline, burn rate and turnover of program funds from project states to WEWE-Headquarters in Abuja.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party, act as primary program contact to donor and other local and international stakeholders, responsible for addressing all program matters
- Oversee program communication strategies, including compliance with donor’s branding and marketing requirements as well as WEWE marketing and communication procedures.
Human Resources Management:
- Lead, manage and supervise a team of staff to meet program objectives
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with WEWE’s performance management system and mentor staff in order to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork
New Business Development and Resource Mobilization:
- Support WEWE in new business development. As a member of the PMT, DCOP is expected to provide support for new business opportunities for WEWE to apply for new funding and all members of the PMT are to significantly contribute in new business development in line with WEWE-LOPIN-2 Special Award Conditions (SAC).
- To ensure future sustainability and also to comply with the cooperative agreement technical proposal that commits WEWE to leveraging an additional $1,000,000 US Dollars for support and compliment or wrap around WEWE – LOPIN 2 activities.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email. Note
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.