VSF Jobs in Nigeria : Programme Assistant, SO – VCG B – Adamawa
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Victims Support Fund (VSF)
- Location: Adamawa, Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
The Nigeria Foundation for the Support of Victims of Terrorism – Victims Support Fund (VSF) – is a programme-based organisation that provides interventions to support victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria.
Our vision is to be the foremost knowledge-driven and programme-based organization, mobilizing sustainable funding and building partnerships for the support and transformation of victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria. At Victims Support Fund, We believe that each employee is crucial to the delivery of our values and objectives and hope you wilt take pride in being a member of our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant, State Office – VCG B
Summary of Role
- To support the Programme Officer State Office in the coordination, monitor and report of all VSF’s programmes in assigned State, ensuring that targets are achieved within defined timelines and as oufiined in the work plan.
- The position will assist the Programme Officer State Office in overseeing the portfolio of projects for assigned State, and actively participate in furthering the mission and goals of VSF.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Programme Officer State Office with the identification and interpretation of program strategies and policies.
- Support in researching and developing materials and reports required for the success of the State Office.
- Proactively identify issues and problems that are likely to detract from the achievement of objectives set for the State Office.
- Provide administrative support, as required by the project, to the Programme Officer State Office.
- Interact with other arms of the Directorate of Programmes to create effective linkage across all VSF thematic areas and activities.
- Assist the Programme Officer State Office in resource control and financial management on all assigned projects.
- Effectively manage tools and resources for programmes planning and development.
- Ensure that all financial data associated with programs are recorded and documented.
- Collaborate with other team members where needed to execute projects
- Assist in the preparation of files and documents for the smooth running of programs
- Continuously research and provide regular updates on all thematic areas of VSF, that could be beneficial to the State, to the Programme Officer State Office.
- Draft reports of all programs and planning processes.
- Any other duties assigned by Management.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Law, Education, Peace Building, Conflict Resolution, Arbitration, International Relations, International Development, Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, Community Development, Democracy and Governance or equivalent
- Possession of a Master’s degree in developmental studies or other related area would be an advantage.
Certification and Training:
- Previous training and certification in grants management, collaboration and partnership, developmental studies; peace and conflict studies, monitoring and evaluation etc. is desirable.
- At least 2 years experience in similar role in a comparable organization to VSF.
- Must be a self starter and able to work with little supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent computer skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Great organizational, analytical and decision making skills are essential.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2017.