United Bank for Africa Plc Job Vacancy : Head, Internal Communications
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Location: Shangishan, Kosofe, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Communications
Reference No: MCC00140918
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Communications
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate
- Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
- We are currently seeking to hire for the position of Head, Internal Communications who shall be responsible for building and establishing an internal brand across Africa while supporting the alignment of all staff to the organisations visions, goals and products.
Our ideal candidate should be able to:
- Develop to global standards an internal communications strategy and plan for Africa.
- Create inter-departmental synergies to enable deliverables by working across executives, marketing and human resources to enable the organisation create brand and product ambassadors of staff.
- Reduce the distance between leadership and staff, reconnect the organisation through internal communication.
- Create synergy between African countries across board, without the country losing their individuality.
- Develop internal channel mix and matrix, introduce innovation as well as improve on existing.
- Use different marketing platforms to engage staff.
- Manage different internal stakeholder groups: build the internal communications architecture – The Who? What? And Why? Of each message.
- Communicate effectively product and services to staff.
- Create differentiation of the organisation through staff.
- Review and revise content of existing communication platforms.
- Develop and encourage use of feedback mechanism
- Develop and review internal engagement content such company events, presentations and videos, which may then be delivered by top management, Intranet, online or print magazines and newsletters and podcasts.
- B.A Mass Comm. (2.2 minimum)
- Masters degree in a relevant course will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years experience, of which 5 years must be in a communications role.
Skills and Competences:
- Excellent Communication skills (oral & written)
- Team building / conflict management
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and policies
- Knowledge of trends in the financial services industry
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2018.