UNICEF Jobs in Nigeria : National Consultant on Monitoring and Evaluation of Child Protection Systems
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Location: Mongu, Plateau, Nigeria
- State: Plateau Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Nigeria
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: National Consultant on Monitoring and Evaluation of Child Protection Systems
Job Number: 507885
- The purpose of this consultancy is to support the implementation of child protection monitoring and evaluation system and the establishment and roll out of the child protection management information system in four states in Nigeria.
Activities and Tasks
- To be based in Jos, Plateau, the National Consultant for Child Protection Information Management will provide technical support to strengthen the child protection information management system. This, in turn will help improve effective and timely case management services to children in development sector.
- Capacity Building on CPIMS for State Actors and monthly data collection.
- Identify the linkage between CPIMS tools and database used for Emergency Response in the North East and find possible ways of adapting to /deployment to the development context.
- Support deployment/configuration of CPIMS+ and provide technical support to new users
Develop new tools and documents, including:
- Training materials for the CPIMS+ module
- Tools for CPIMS+ capacity development, including those that can support self-guided learning;
- Documents and infographics to be used for CPIMS+ advocacy.
- Document lessons learnt for the effective integration and deployment of CPIMS+ to assist case management system and digitalization case management records.
- In collaboration with UNICEF Case Management Consultants, develop guidance, tools and module as well as provide technical support to digitize CPIMS data collection and information processing systems used in the pilot states
- Work closely with CPCM and implementing partners’ staff to train state actors on CPIMS+ database and provide technical guidance for the implementation of CPIMS with focal ministries.
- Engage and build working relationships with a broad range of partners including CPN, Orphanages/Shelters, INGOs, relevant governments and education and health partners.
- Support the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development to bring together CP state partners for regular coordination to strengthening child protection information management through data collection, analysis and use in the four pilot states.
- Package of standardized CPIMS data collection tools attached to the CP case management state tools by December 2017
- CPIMS training modules by January 2018
- Trainings conducted for all LGAs by February 2018
- Documented indicators and tools for CPIMS database modification to development context by February 2018
- CPIMS+ Database deployed and Child protection management information system operational at focus LGA and State level by March 2018
- Child protection management information systems training module developed and delivered in the four focus States by February 2018
- 2 quarterly refresher trainings delivered to partners by March 2018
- 5 monthly Factsheet produced on child protection cases reported and handled (and outcomes of the cases) disaggregated by type of case, gender, location and outcome
- 5 monthly progress reports
- Final report by March 2018
- Agreed activities properly documented with activity reports, minutes from meetings and other relevant documentation and submitted to the Child Protection Specialist within one week of taking place.
- Administrative/financial documents related to the activities submitted to UNICEF within one week of activity taking place.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required
- University Degree in Social Science, Statistics or related field
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience with management information systems and/or M&E systems
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Experience of designing and delivering training on management information systems or M&E
- Excellent knowledge of the latest development in the field of monitoring and evaluation within social science sector
- Familiarity with child protection and the systems strengthening approach would be beneficial
- Experience of working on monitoring and evaluation or management information systems within the public sector
- Experience of undertaking assessments of management information systems
Estimated time of consultancy and deadline for submission of end product:
- 5 months
- Level: NO-B
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2017.