The American University Jobs in Nigeria : Account Clerk
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The American University of Nigeria, Yola
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for an Account Clerk. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Account Clerk is responsible for performing accounting and routine administrative functions for the Abuja Office as well as duties involved in processing and maintaining vital records, voter registration and election information.
- Must possess a Diploma in accounting or related business field.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers
- Experience in completion of bookkeeping and office administration procedures, coursework combined with related financial and administrative experience.
- Equivalencies will be considered.
- Must have proven experience in accounts receivable and proficiency in MS-Office.
- Possession of a higher educational qualification in accounting will be considered in lieu of work experience.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information
- Confidentiality concerning financial files
- The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- be respectful
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- be flexible
- demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to initiate and maintain warm and friendly working relationship
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to [email protected] before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.americanuniversitynigeria.org