Stanbic IBTC Bank Job Vacancy : Branch Control Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Nigeria
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branch Control Officer
Job ID: 31958
Job Sector: Banking
- Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
- Ensure prompt and effective call over of branch transactions.
- Build strong awareness in branch staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for open GL Items, unreviewed transactions and income leakages
- Call over of Transactions as per the approved threshold.
- Carrying out spot checks and review of activities in the branches under coverage, cash count and vault administration, funds transfer, Clearing processes and returned cheques, etc, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Review of system exception override message report.
- Review of GL/P&L Movement Report.
- Conduct Seriality checks /test on Managers Cheque/Bank draft in the branches under coverage.
- Review of Suspense/Transit/Proxy Accounts.
- Review of expense and cash advances and ensure conformity with laid-down policies.
- Carrying out security sweep at least once in a month.
- Daily review of accounts closure and transfers.
- Ensure complete and accurate recognition of all fees and charges on every relevant account.
- Review of Fixed Asset Register
- Review of Finacle users’ profile
- Review KYC compliance.
Key performance measures
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
- Promptness and effectiveness of call over of transactions.
- Quantum of undetected regulatory/statutory infractions from External Auditor and Regulators’ reports.
- Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas
- Undetected Income leakage/P&L reversal arising from undetected processing errors
- Integrity of the GL accounts in the Business offices of the region.
- Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports
- Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented.
Internal and external relationships
- The need to maintain a wide network with key stakeholders in the Bank such as Operational Risk, Risk Assurance, Group Internal Audit, and other appropriate divisions and associate companies to ensure operational effectiveness and enhanced customer service.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Business management or commercial degree
- Applicable certifications.
- Education: BSc. Minimum
- Banking Experience -Minimum of 3 years.
- Report writing/Investigation skill
- Banking operations experience
- Interpretation of ML (P) Act 2011 & CBN KYC Manual 2003
- Ability to use Finacle, Microsoft packages & AML Software.
Application Closing Date
16th May, 2018.