Solidarités International Job Vacancy : WATSAN Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Solidarités International (SI)
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WATSAN Officer
Beginning of contract: 29/10/2018
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension) – Probation period: 2 month
- Under the supervision of the WatSan TL, the officer will lead and supervise work projects, respecting deadlines and technical requirements.
- The Water and Sanitation officer will be in charge of implementing and following-up the construction of block or shared family latrines and showers in the host community and IDP camps. According to the methodology of the organisation and the context, the activities will be directly implemented by Solidarites International or subcontracted.
- The Sanitation and Water officer will be in charge of supervising the drilling or rehabilitation of water points, using his expertise and technical knowledge.
List of main Responsibilities
Set-up and operational monitoring:
- Under the supervision of the Watsan Team Leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the team leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
- Respect deadlines established with his/her line manager
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and/or communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the project manager and/or team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her team leader and/or project manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of his/her team leader
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the team leader regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Take part in restitution meetings and clusters on request
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and/or strong operational background
- Languages: English, Haussa, Kanuri (Shuwa and/or Fulani a strong plus)
- Detail oriented, follows protocol, reliable, honest, very good organization, multi-tasking, team player
- Knowledge of practical field notions : stock report, concrete mixing, plumbing sizing
- Mastery of project cycle management: Ability to report efficiently (oral and written) and to plan and lead a working site
- Proficiency in at least one technical domain = Civil engineering / geology / hydrology
- Ability to manage a team, daily workers and to deal with a wide range of stakeholders (contractans, authorities etc..)
- Microsoft Office (advanced Excel and Word skills), Autocad, Epanet, Kobo Collect, ODK
Salary and conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please choose ONE out of the two below Solutions to apply: First Solution: (only available for people having a gmail account):
- Click on the following link: SI Recruitment Nigeria , select "WatSan Officer Maiduguri", fill the Form and attach your CV.
Second Solution: (for people who do not have a gmail account): Submit your application (CV, cover letter, references) in one file and name it with your name and surname. The mail must be sent to: [email protected] Add in the subject of the mail "Watsan Officer Maiduguri" Note
- No generic applications will be accepted
- No paper cv will be accepted
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.