IT Service Manager at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Nigeria
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job TItle: IT Service Manager
Reporting To: Head, IT
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for managing the IT services and ensuring all IT KPIs are met in line with ITIL standards. Certified in ITIL foundations v3 or 4 with acute understanding of all aspects of service management and ITIL.
- Encompasses full knowledge required within the service management specialty area.
- Typically develops process and procedure documentation that are implemented by self or team.
- Functions independently with minimal oversight and direction. Provides professional guidance and leadership to peers.
- Develops relationships with external clients and organisations to assess their technology, support, and security needs
- Provides client assessments, and pitches IT equipment and service packages during meetings or presentations
- Offers innovative solutions that meet clients’ needs while remaining cost effective
- Manages projects by creating timelines, adhering to budgets, and assigning staff members
- Establishes client and sales goals, and tracks progress and other metrics
- Maintains relationships with technology, software, and security vendors
- Manages and assesses the performance of staff members who specialise in support, sales, and installation
- Identifies staffing needs and works with human resources colleagues to pursue the hiring process
- Maintains familiarity with current and upcoming IT equipment, services, and other developments
- Coordinates troubleshooting, support, and service for equipment and networks when necessary
- Upholds a sense of customer service and measures client satisfaction
- Measures operational effectiveness and provides reports to leadership on process compliance and operational activities.
- Ensure all IT Services, processes and procedures conform to standard best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or any other related field; or MBA in information Technology management or related areas.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in IT Service Management
- Experience with Customer Service, Management, Leadership, Staffing
- Demonstrated V.3 ITIL foundations understanding.
- Demonstrated experience in developing process documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing reports and statistics using spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate operational meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop workflow diagrams for service management areas
- Computing and User Support
- Networking Administration
- Server Administration
- Disaster Recovery
- Hardware Configuration
- Application Support and Maintenance
- Information Security
- Expert understanding of each ITIL based
- Service Support process (change mgt., problem management, incident management etc.)
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Keen attention to detail
- Customer – centric.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2020.