Senior Medical Officer at the Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
- Company: Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Nigeria
Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated support to HJF Medical Research International, Ltd Gte in support of Nigerian Military HIV program across 30 Military Formations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Location: Military Hospital Creek, Lagos
Reports to: Site Commander
Open to: All interested Applicants
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours / week
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Site Commander and with technical oversight from Program Staff of the MODHIP / WRP-N Program, the Medical officer will provide Clinical and research based medical services, focusing on Clinical Management of HIV / AIDS, TB / HIV and HIV related research activities including in-patient services in the Medical and Emergency wards of the host hospital.
- The incumbent will ensure day to day running of the program at the facility.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day to day Clinical Management of HIV / AIDS and TB patients at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs.
- Provides technical assistance in HIV / AIDS and TB clinical management and the Prevention of Maternal to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) capacity building at the facility level.
- Contributes to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV / AIDS, and the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Ensure regular Clinical review of site performance with the clinical staffs and data Officers.
- Review monthly site Adults and Pediatrics Care and treatment, TB / HIV and PMTCT targets as assigned by MODHIP / DOD-WRPN.
- Remains informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of HIV / AIDS and related development by reviewing current literature, and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS at the facility level.
- Will be involved in the management of in-patients of the Medicine department at the host hospital.
- Acts as a Study Physician on relevant study protocols.
- Performs other prevention, care, and evaluation research duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education / Training Requirement: University Degree in Medicine (MBBS), Clinical management training and other relevant trainings in HIV comprehensive Care and Treatment. Master’s degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Prior Work Experience: 5-7 years post national youth service (NYSC) experience in clinical care, with experience in HIV / AIDS, TBHIV and PMTCT care and support for HIV / AIDS at the clinical level. Experience with ARV programs, familiarity with HIV service delivery in military formation and clinical research experience are also required.
- Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
Knowledge and Skills, Person:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV / AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Understanding of Military health care service delivery will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Lagos State.
Monthly Gross Salary Range
N250,000 – N280,000
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
[email protected] Note
- You must attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Resume and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Jumia Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Jhpiego Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Banyan Global
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Broadway Cafeteria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Nigerian Breweries Plc
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bethsaida Group of Companies
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Flutterwave
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at TechAdvance Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Montaigne AH Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (24 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at 9mobile Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Fadac Resources and Services