Senior Financial Accountant at Adexen Recruitment Agency
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Nigeria - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria - Oil and Gas Jobs in Nigeria
Adexen Recruitment Agency has been mandated by one of its clients, a leading Oil and Gas Exploration and Production company to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
- Support the Financial Controller and GM Finance with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, program and annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedures and controls in accordance with sound accounting principles, applicable regulations and laws as well as best practices.
- Perform monthly analysis of financial performance.
- Coordinate monthly and year end close.
- Process and post journal entries for routine transactions in Sun System and ensure accuracy of the General Ledger.
- Prepare supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts.
- Analyse and reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Perform periodic reviews of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization.
- Manage annual year-end audit process.
- Coordinate state and federal tax audit and compliance workstream.
- Coordinate and conclude DPR, NCDB and other regulatory finance reporting obligations.
- Provide transaction support on Mergers and Acquisitions and fund-raising activities (financial modelling).
- Update balance scorecard metrics deck for Finance.
- Prepare monthly finance compliance report (CBN, FIRS, LIRS, PENCOM, DPR, etc.)
- Prepare Finance Decks and other strategic presentations.
- Provide ad-hoc commercial analysis and presentation and other activities as directed by Chief Finance Officer, General Manager Finance and Financial Controller.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any other related discipline. MBA is an added advantage.
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or any similarly recognized professional accounting qualifications is required.
- Minimum of 8 years accounting experience in Oil and Gas (Exploration and Production).
- Specific experiences in audit, financial reporting, financial management, control and leadership.
- Sound knowledge of the oil and gas industry, deep sector experience.
- Ability to work within a team, ability to manage people, distinctive competence in IFRS, corporate reporting, management accounting and financial management & control.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here Note: We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.