Reconciliation Senior Analyst at Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL)
- Company: Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Nigeria
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reconciliation Senior Analyst
Job Req ID: 21324085
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Risk Management
Job Family Group: Risk Management
Job Family: Operational Risk
- The Operational Risk Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role.
- Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function.
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information.
- Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams.
- Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in the area of specialization.
- Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Participates in the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Contributes to risk assessments and drives actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Provides governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, risk for example.
- Evaluates the control environment by ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
- Coordinates audits, examinations, and deliverable requirements from internal and external reviewers by supporting coordinating activities.
- Ensures project completion, special assignments, and other ad hoc activities as required.
- Ensures the Operations Team is in compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-focused with excellent Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment collaborating across diverse groups
- Demonstrated understanding of operational risk and gap identification
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to present a compelling case to influence others where appropriate
- SCRA regulatory policies and procedures knowledge
- Bachelor’s / University Degree or equivalent experience.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – New Recruitment at Freight Forward Company Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Renmoney
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Cross River State Ministry of Aviation (22 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Machineyard.com.ng
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Omnibiz Africa
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Aymie Staffing Solutions
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Griffiths Schools
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Arit of Africa Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Lighting Finance Technology Nigeria Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Chibek Instruments Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at One Acre Fund