Project Finance Manager Job Vacancy at Plan International
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Plan international
- Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- State: Bauchi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Plan international is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan International has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years. we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Finance Manager
Job ID: 23364
Contract Duration: 2 Years 3 Months
- To ensure financial accountability for BORN project grant, according to Plan and donor (Global Affairs Canada and CNO) requirements. Provides timely and accurate financial information on grants.
- Position holder acts as finance focal person for finance-related grants issues (budgeting, cash flow management, reporting, auditing etc.).
- The post holder will contribute towards grant and financial management of the office and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the organisational development of Plan International Nigeria’s implementing partners.
- Monitors and control BORN project annual budget.
- Assistant Project Accountant reports directly to the role.
- Prepare the BORN project annual budget as part of the preparation of the Country’s annual budget.
- Monitor the project budget to ensure spending as per plan to avoid over spending.
- Prepare the monthly project IGF (Indicative Grants Funding) report.
- Prepare the quarterly Project KP06 budget.
- Assist in the preparation of country’s financial management reports (Monthly, quarterly and yearly).
- Prepare a monthly budget vs Actual spending project report.
- Prepare the Field office version of the monthly Target Bank Balance (TBB) report.
- Prepare the Field office version of the Monthly Finance Statistics (MFS) report.
- Prepare and submit the Field office monthly Cash forecast.
- Ensure prompt transfer of funds from CO to Field office bank account.
- Ensure that the Field office cash and bank accounts balances are never in negative.
- Follow up bank account issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation statement and submit to CO for consolidation.
- Review and submit to CO the monthly receipts reconciliation statement.
Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent;
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Fair knowledge in grants and project management.
- Knowledge and use of accounting software (Preferably SAP)
- Knowledge of and experience with the key donors in the industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience providing capacity development assistance to sub-grantees strongly preferred.
- Experience working with sub-grantees required.
Application Closing Date