Program Project Technical Coordinator at Pathfinder International
- Company: Pathfinder International
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Project Technical Coordinator
Requisition Number: PROGR001160
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Accelerating Equitable Access, Acceptance, and Uptake of COVID-19 vaccines project is funded by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- The project is to advance COVID-19 mitigation and recovery in Nigeria by curbing vaccine services and strengthening accountability mechanisms for vaccine delivery.
- The project will be implemented in Kano, Kaduna, and FCT in collaboration with the Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) pillar of the COVID-19 task force, Religious groups, including the Nigeria Interfaith Action Association (NIFAA), Federation of Muslim Women’s Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN), Traditional/Community leaders’ associations, Women groups and other relevant Civil Society Organizations that are supporting similar efforts in the intervention States.
Objectives of the Project
- Increased acceptance and uptake of COVID-19 vaccines services, particularly for those underserved, by shifting norms and biases, and debunking myths and misconceptions
- Increased access to equitable quality COVID-19 vaccines services by strengthening and scaling up service delivery at the facility level
- Enhanced enabling environment for equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.
- Program (Technical) Coordinator (M & E Assistant) – 1.
- Provides administrative, coordination and technical support to the project. Assists the staff in their work to improve the quality and timeliness of routine programmatic data.
- Enters program or project data into the different databases, sources reference materials for staff and prepares reports, presentations and other technical and non-technical documents.
- Supports the functional area with hiring consultants, organizing meetings and arranging travel.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Provide technical support for the implementation of M & E activities to ensure the project targets are met
- Assist to implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, management and reporting
- Ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program
- Assist to ensure regular maintenance of database/information system
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project state including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessment (DQAs)
- Program/Project Tools, Materials Maintenance and Updates: Works with staff to prepare manuals, documents, reports, presentations and other tools, and reviews and updates the materials. Helps staff source reference materials.
- Records Retention: Manages filing, storage and tracking of hardcopy and electronic content and support templates and ensures availability of current information on related subjects.
- Database Management, Collection and Analysis: Supports staff with developing and formatting instruments for data collection and presentation. Assists staff with maintaining and updating the global database, analysis and preparing quarterly reports for research and evaluation projects.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required key competencies.
- 2 years working experience in health development sector assisting non-government organization (NGO) or public-sector programs.
- Knowledge of DHIS2 and Data quality Assessment (DOAs).
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Recordkeeping: Foundational knowledge of organizing, filling and maintaining documents.
- Database Management, Data Entry and Reporting: Foundational knowledge of data entry and creation of reports. Ability to use and maintain databases. Ability to prepare reports to support projects.
- Travel, Meetings and Events Coordination: Ability to plan and coordinate activities, events, travel and meetings.
- Data and Materials Maintenance: Ability to review, update and finalize materials.
- Filing and Record Keeping: Ability to file documentation and maintain records according to policy and procedures.
- Data Collection: Ability to develop and format instruments for data collection for project or program according to prescribed procedures.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned project and program.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Software Applications: Foundational skills using MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Ability to speak and write using the local language and English language.
- Customer Service: Proven customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills. Foundational project planning and project management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
- Travel required (less than 30%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone, laptop or desktop computer
- May serve as the program/project or functional area’s first point-of-contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group.
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pathfinder International, Nigeria does not pay relocation allowance
- Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bolt Nigeria
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Contec Global Group (10 Positions)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Alan & Grant
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Airtel Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Parkway Project Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Mindas Petroleum Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Technoton Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Interswitch Group
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Oketola Adeniyi & Associates (OAA)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Fountline Telecommunications