M&E Officer Job at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a nongovernmental, nonprofit, nonpolitical and nonreligious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain selfsufficiency.
The association leads in average 140 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for Nurse for its medical health team to implement mobile health clinic in Maiduguri.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Officer
- PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
- PUI is now looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer for its Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Department to contribute to the development of an M&E System for the Nigeria mission.
- Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will done on the rolling basis and PUI reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
- Under the direct supervision of deputy meal manager
- Under the technical supervision meal manager
- Under the overall supervision meal coordinator
- Under the supervision of the deputy meal manager, the M&E officer will contribute to the implementation of M&E activities in the field through supporting project/field officers, partner staffs and community facilitators/mobilisers in data collection, consolidation and quality management and undertake M&E related activities and implementation of an appropriate monitoring and evaluation system for successful delivery and attainment of project goals and objectives.
Responsabilities and Tasks
Role and Responsibilities:
- M&E: she/he will implement all M&E field-related activities;
- Logistics and administration: She/he will express and anticipate logistical and administrative needs related to M&E activities he or she is implementing;
- Safety and security: she/he will follow safety and security rules in the base and will transmit all safety and security information to the deputy meal manager/meal manager.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
- Implementation of the monitoring & evaluation plan
- Coordinate the collection, reporting and validation of monitoring data of project teams and ensure the data reported by field officers/program managers is accurate and of good quality and reported in a timely manner.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct regular joint field process monitoring, quality assessments and data validation, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Ensure that community leaders and beneficiaries are actively participating in all project and m&e activities.
- Assist the deputy meal manager/meal manager in supporting project teams in designing and regularly updating project m&e guidelines and tools and ensure that project staff have access and capacity to use the tools.
- Provide training to field level project staff on the use of the m&e system including survey sampling and piloting of m&e tools, conducting assessments and the implementation of periodic evaluation activities including baseline surveys, research and evaluations in all sectors.
- Ensure utilization by all projects of appropriate data collection and reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
- Undertake regular visits to field locations/project sites to support monitoring and evaluation processes and activities related to all sectors of pui interventions.
- Support supervision of base level project staff and ensure that their capacities are built and that they are supported to deliver on their day to day m&e work by constant communication and joint field level m&e activities.
Internal and external reporting:
- Update deputy meal manager/meal manager and program managers on daily achievements and challenges encountered on the field, at the end of each day
- Verbally contribute and participate in weekly base meetings including accurate reporting on successes and challenges;
- Ensure that the data collected goes through a data cleaning and validation process each day;
- Ensure all data is channelled through the im system each day
- Develop reports that synthesize and synchronize initial key finding (needs) and results (outputs/outcomes) such as indicator tracking table, etc.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the pui office, ensuring their availability to the meal deputy manager and/or meal manager
- Pass on any information or problems to her/his direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning her/his task, pui programs, or safety aspects
Capitalization/institutional knowledge building:
- Use lessons learnt combined with field experience to provide contributions and feedback, including during design phases of field tools and assessments;
- Participate actively in team workshops and lessons learnt seminars;
- Actively engage in ongoing trainings and knowledge building;
- Lead training of beneficiaries, community leaders, community facilitators/mobilisers and field staff on m&e if needed.
Communication & follow up:
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached;
- Respond to any requests within pui that might require an alternative communication method or plan of action;
Logistics & Administration:
- Perform administrative support activities for the deputy meal manager/meal manager including, but not limited to, preparation of meetings, recording of minutes, verbal and written translation.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools related to m&e activities.
- Manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistic department.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department
- The m&e priorities for the meal department are:
- The implementation of m&e activities of the meal plan in collaboration with the beneficiaries, partners and project teams.
- Providing accurate m&e qualitative and quantitative data collected in the field according to external and internal deadlines.
- Supporting the meal department to achieve its goals through the occasional undertaking of additional activities that contribute to the overall ability of the organization to achieve its stated outputs.
- Ensuring a robust m&e system is in place so that the implementation of the projects is of a high quality and accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Language skills: fluent in kanuri, hausa and english (speaking/reading/writing),
- Education Degree: at least a Degree or Diploma in Satistics, Mathematics, Demography, Sociology, or a numeracy discipline.
- Work experience: at least two years similar experience in an international ngos/on-site training in social or monitoring work,
- Knowledge & skills: good analytical and writing skills/very good team spirit/demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities,
- Computer skills: knowledge of the ms office software (including word, excel, outlook) and a basic understanding of data analysis packages such as spss, epi-info etc.
- Strong motivation to work in the humanitarian sector
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Strong motivation for conflict resolution and diplomacy
- Strong motivation to analyze and suggest solutions
- Well organized and attention to detail
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Ability to work within a team.
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2018.
How to Apply
- Fill the form and make sure to mention in the form the reference of the position you are applying for,
- If pre-selected you will be contacted shortly by the HR department.