Office Manager Job at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: North East Regional Initiative (NERI)
- Location: Yobe, Nigeria
- State: Yobe Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Office Manager will be responsible for organizing all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the state office.
- H/She will maintain effective administrative system, which support the logistics and activities of the program, ensure that office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
- In addition, H/She will support the program operations by maintaining office systems and supervise support staff. This position will be based in Yobe State.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Office Manager will report to the State Program Manager based at Yobe.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains and organize the office operations and procedures; designing and managing the filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions (stationery, equipment & utility payments); and supervising clerical/support staff (i.e. cleaners, drivers, etc.)
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Vendor Management & Office Administration (Adequacy of Stationary / Provisions / Refreshments / adequacy of Sub Staff) Courier & Dispatch (Inward / Outward / Outstation) / also making record of local maintaining).
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Managing vendors and keeping track of cycle of all maintenance contracts.
- Maintaining the condition of the office facilities and arranging for necessary repairs
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives
- Coordinate travel bookings for the state office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing and managing budgets for office expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Reviewing and updating Health and Safety Policies and ensuring they are observed;
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- HND or Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field is required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working on development funded programs is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Must be an indigene and be residence in the work location
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected]
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.