Nurse at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain
- Company: Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Nigeria
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Pulka, Borno
Report to: Nurse Team Supervisor
Report to (functional): Nurse Team Supervisor / Nursing Activity Manager
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: 6 Months Renewable
Starting Date: 01 April 2020
- Providing nursing care, Implement autonomous activities (consultation and prescription when the need arise at OPD) treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender-Based Violence victims and referring them to the maternity team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Asses the nutritional status of patients both at admission and in units and refer to ITFC or ATFC for proper follow up
- Education: Essential Recognized Nurse Degree / Diploma
- Experience: Desirable two years minimum in a similar job, Experience with MSF or other NGOs will be an asset
- Languages: Essential English and Hausa, Preferable Mandra
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy ( word, excel and internet)
- Competencies: Results, teamwork, Behavioural flexibility, commitment and Stress Management.
NGN 3,014,622 (Annual Basic salary + 13th Month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Motivation Letter, copies of Practicing Licence and copies of Credentials (only PDF or Word) either by email to:
In the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying). Or In-person to "MSF SPAIN Office at Pulka".
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.