Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
- Location: Agadez, Niger
- State: Niger Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
Inline with mandata to build human capacity and enhance skills development in the Niger Delta Region, the commission hereby invites candidates for:
Title: NDDC Entrepreneurship Capacity Building Programme and Expansion of Micro Small And Medium Scale Enterprises
- The Niger Delta Regional Master Plan (NDRDMP) in section 5.7.3 and 5.7.4 addresses policies for economic development in rural and urban areas of the region. The above sections of the Master Plan emphasize the need for all stakeholders to invest consistently in the development of entrepreneur activities in the region, through training and capacity building for entrepreneurs among others activities.
- Following the success of the previous programmes and the overwhelming interests of the (MICRO SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES) MSMEs in the region, the Commission intends to further build the capacity of some identified MSMEs from across the region that are determined to compete favourably in today’s global economy.
About The Entrepreneurship Capacity Building Programme
- The Entrepreneurship Training Programme is about identifying viable businesses in the MSME category from all (9) Nine states of the region, and build their capacity and thereafter provide necessary supports and enabling environment for their growth and competitiveness in today’s global markets. The nature of support will be determined by the business plan that will be developed by each participating entrepreneur during the training.
- It needs to be emphasized here that there is need to diversify and strengthen the economies of the Niger Delta States and make them less dependent on the oil and gas sector. Therefore ONLY entrepreneurs outside the oil and gas sector are encouraged to apply.
The preferred sectors include:
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Entertainment and Hospitality
- Commerce and Trade
- Professional Services, among others.
Other Skills Development Training Programmes
The Commission also intends to train Niger Deltans to acquire up to date skills in different trades. By so doing, the Commission would have created a pool of skilled workforce who are self-reliant and capable of training and employing other Niger Deltans.
The Programmes are as follows:
- Welding and fabrication
- Furniture making & wood work
- Catering & confectionary
- Food processing
- Home management (tie & dye)
- Modern printing technology
- Fashion design & tailoring
- Computer technology/programming
- Entertainment industry
- Solar power maintenance
- Maritime technology
General Criteria For Selection
- The business (existing or soon to be registered) must be legitimate concerns (not involved in illegal pursuits) and duly registered under the laws of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
- The entrepreneur(s) promoting the business i.e. Sole Proprietor(s), Partners or Directors must be from one of the Niger Delta States.
- The business must be dully registered with the relevant Inland Revenue (tax) Authorities.
Application Closing Date
15th October 2017.
How to Apply
- Application will only be received online through the NDDC web portal (click the link above).
- The applicant is expected to complete one form only as multiple applications will attract automatic disqualification.
- The selection process described in this publication will be extremely rigorous, thorough and competitive.
- Only selected Candidates will be contacted and they will be required to produce original copies of their educational certificates, Local Government identification certificates etc. before the final selection.