Network & System Security Analyst at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Company: First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Nigeria
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Network & System Security Analyst
Job Identification: 104
Employment type: Full time
- Evaluate and coordinate the design of advanced network security architecture in line with global best practices that will ensure the protection of the enterprise and subsidiaries network from cyberattacks and security breaches, reduce network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of network equipment.
- Work with the Team Lead network security in the setting up of network policies and procedures as well as establishing connections with firewalls across the Group and subsidiaries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate planning & design of infrastructure security architecture for the Group and subsidiaries.
- Evaluates network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency within the Group and subsidiaries.
- Perform technical analysis on a wide range of cybersecurity issues, with a focus on network activity and data; this includes but is not limited to: network flow (i.e. netflow) or related forms of session summary data, signature-based IDS alert/event data, full packet capture (PCAP) data, proxy and application server logs (various types).
- Triage IDS alerts, collect related data from various network analysis systems, review available open and closed source information on related threats & vulnerabilities, diagnose observed activity for likelihood of system infection, compromise or unintended/high-risk exposure. Prepare analysis reports detailing background, observables, analysis process & criteria, and conclusions.
- Analyze large volumes of network flow data for specific patterns/characteristics or general anomalies, to trend network activity and to correlate flow data with other types of data or reporting regarding enterprise-wide network activity.
- Leverage lightweight programming/scripting skills to automate data-parsing and simple analytics.
- Document key event details and analytic findings in analysis reports and incident management systems.
- Identify, extract and characterize network indicators from cyber threat intelligence sources, incident reporting and published technical advisories/bulletins.
- Assess cyber indicators/observables for technical relevance, accuracy, and potential value/risk/reliability in monitoring systems.
- Recommend detection and prevention/mitigation signatures and actions as part of a layered defensive strategy leveraging multiple capabilities and data types.
- Develop IDS signatures, test and tune signature syntax, deploy signatures to operational sensors, and monitor and tune signature and sensor performance.
- Fuse open-source threat & vulnerability information with data collected from sensors across the enterprise into cohesive and comprehensive analysis.
- Provide technical assessments, and apply advised remediation actions on identified cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Communicate and collaborate with analysts from SOC to provide relevant network logs for triage and orchestration activities.
- Produce final reports and review incident reports from junior analysts, network security.
- Monitor and report on trends and activity on network sensor platforms.
- Produce and update technical analysis documentation (processes, procedures, analysis criteria, report templates, etc.).
- Responsible for day-to-day management, support and monitoring of technology security in order to protect technology resources and enterprise data in accordance with strategic business objectives, institutional regulations and laws
- Manages network security threats, provides advice on mitigating the security risk as well as perform configuration changes and troubleshooting of network security devices within the Group and subsidiaries. Also addresses customer issues, and manages customer interaction throughout the issue resolution process
- Develop planning of executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of network equipment across the Group and subsidiaries.
- Develop setting up of network policies and procedures around all network devices which includes: Firewalls, Routers and Switches as well as establishing Network connections for all devices.
- Plan the creation of infrastructure security policies, standards, baselines, guidelines & procedures
- Lead the implementation of new network /system security solutions across the Group and subsidiaries.
- Plan, Design & Execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Manage up to date knowledge of ISOD security industry
- Manage & Research of new/revised or improved security solutions, processes and development of new threat and attack vectors.
- Develop, Manage & Perform enhancement of existing network/system security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures.
- Manage and Maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration & operation of all in-place network / system security devices across the Group and subsidiaries.
- Manage and Maintain operational configurations of all in-place network / system security solutions as per established baselines.
- Design and deploy secured configurations for all network & system resources and appliances (Routers, Switches, Firewall, Wireless access points, Sniffers, Windows, AIX etc.)
- Manage security patches and updates to the IOS/firmware, OS on network /system resources/appliances across the Group and subsidiaries.
- Develop, Plan and Implement all network and operating system security settings in line with develop approved policies
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Unit Head, Security Architecture & Engineering or Chief Information Security Officer(CISO).
- Develop and Plan principles and policies in the information security hand book
- Minimum Education: First Degree in computer science/Engineering, Higher Degrees
- At least three Relevant Professional Certifications as appropriate
- Minimum experience – Ten (10) years relevant working experience and 3 year working experience at supervisory level
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Rural Homes Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Ralds & Agate Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Chemonics International
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Save the Children Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Vincintoire Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Risk Control Services Nigeria Limited (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Konga Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Willers Solutions Limited (21 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at TeamAce Limited (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Ultimus Holdings (11 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at U.S. Mission
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Asset and Equity Group
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at KPMG Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bethsaida Group of Companies
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Norwegian Refugee Council (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) – (13 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Skill “G” Nigeria Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at 9mobile
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Appzone Limited