National Sugar Development Council Job Vacancy : Director, Technical Services
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Sugar Development Council
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
National Sugar Development Council is a Parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment established under Decree No. 88 of 25th August 1993 (Now Act No, LFN 78 of 2004 as amended). The Council was established to facilitate the rapid development of the sugar sub-sector to ensure self – sufficiency.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Technical Services
The prospective candidate will head the Technical Services Department and will invariably oversee all technical issues relating to field and factory development/operations.
He/She will in addition be involved in the following:
- Formulating and implementing government policies to achieve the objectives of the Council in the sugar sector;
- Advise Council on dynamic changes in the global sugar industry;
- Formulate, execute, coordinate and monitor Council’s projects;
- Liaise with relevant MDAs, States and Local Governments on land acquisition and provision of infrastructures as well as financial institutions to facilitate availability of loan-able funds to investors;
- Liaise with various research institutions/ universities with mandate on sugarcane or sugar processing;
- Sugar Research, Development and Training;
- Sugar Factory and Engineering Services;
- Mini Plants Development; Assess Business Plans/Feasibility studies on proposed/potential sugar-sites/factories etc.
- The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree in Agriculture; Irrigation, Mechanical, Electrical or Agric. Engineering or other related fields,
- Possession of higher degree and membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must possess not less than 20 years post qualification experience, part of which must be in senior management position in the sugar industry or related fields.
- Prospective candidate must also be familiar with the peculiar nature of the Nigerian Sugar Industry and must have a dear idea on how to fast- track its development.
Attributes of the Candidate:
- The candidate for the post must exhibit considerable degree of competence, responsiveness and demonstrate integrity and diligence.
- Prospective candidates should demonstrate evidence of strong leadership, business relationship and analytical skills in addition to being lCT compliant.
Conditions of Service
Comparable to most Government parastatals.
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2018.
How to Apply
- Candidates should include names and addresses of three referees two of whom must be in position to give professional reference reports.
- Applicants are advised to contact their referees to forward their Reference Reports under confidential cover to the Director, Human Resource Management.