Management Sciences for Health Job Vacancy : Accountant
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Nigeria
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Job ID: 13-10399
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A559 – GF Malaria
Reports To: Senior Accountant
- The Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance and Administration Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately Global Fund against fraud, loss or misuse.
- S/He is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Accountant is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash.
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities.
- Prepare and control advances.
- Ensure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into MSH account.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone,…)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor.
- Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security.
- Ensure that payments are processed accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize MSH’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that treasury practices incountry minimize MSH’s cash exposure.
- Ensure that entries are entered into financial system accurately and timely.
- Ensure that month and year-end accounting activities are done accurately and in compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of reviews and postings made by supervisees for all vendor invoices, participant payments, staff advances and retirements on a daily basis
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree/HND in Accounting or equivalent certification. Master’s Degree in accounting will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Accountant
- Understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Experience with Global Fund and U.S. government projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software
- Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of the basic tenets of Cash Control, Asset Management and Bank Reconciliation
- Understanding of principals of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English
- A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the MSH’s values
- Strong team working orientation with a flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across the whole organization
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Financial Management
- Good ethical conduct
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here Note: Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.