M & E Database Consultant at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) – Katsina & Taraba
- Company: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Katsina Jobs - Taraba Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Nigeria
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-governmental organization working with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, and sustainable health systems in 150 countries around the world. MSH partners with governments, civil society organizations, the private sector, and thousands of health workers to implement locally-led solutions that expand access to medicines and services, improve quality of care, help prevent and control epidemics, support inspiring leadership and transparent governance, and foster informed, empowered, and healthier communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: M & E Database Consultant
Reference ID: R740
Locations: Katsina and Taraba
Employment Type: Part time
- MSH is currently a sub recipient to Catholic Relief Services for the implementation of the Global Fund Malaria Grant (2021 to 2023) in Nigeria, which aims to implement and support malaria control activities in 11 states, including implementation of Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) in 2 states, Taraba and Katsina States.
- As part of effort to ensure adequate and quality assured data for the SMC programming, MSH seeks the engage the services of 2 M&E database consultant to develop and administer the project databases and Management Information System (MIS). One M&E database consultant will be required in each state of Taraba and Katsina.
- The consultant is expected to maintain database of SMC key activities including SMC personnel selection, training database, health facility assessment and micro planning data, periodic supervision data, End of Cycle Review Meetings, Data Quality Audit and Datasets of all Surveys. Experience with design of MIS is highly required as the project will integrate all databases into one system to allow for comparison and consolidation of reports.
- The candidate is also expected to have excellent skills in the design of mobile data collection tools, data visualization, analysis and report writing. Therefore, experience with the use of Kobo collect/Survey CTO, Tableau/Power BI, SPSS/STATA and programmable softwares like MySQL is desirable.
- The consultant will work with the State and LGA M&E teams as SMC field officers in ensuring SMC data is harnessed in databases, meet quality standards, analyzed, reported and used for programme improvement.
The M&E Database consultant will support the senior technical manager, M&E to carry out the following services:
- S/he shall support health facility assessment and micro planning meetings to ensure that data generated meet minimum required standard and that they are captured in appropriate databases
- Participate in all activities aimed at reviewing and improving SMC data and report such as EoC review meetings, DQA, and validation meetings. He or she shall also participate in surveys and other operational researches undertaken to assess project impact
- Work closely with colleagues in the states to support personnel selection and capturing of bio-data. S/he shall maintain databases of SMC personnel and update of the database in the event of attrition and replacement
- S/he shall maintain databases of all trainings conducted, health facility assessment and micro planning data, periodic supervision data, End of Cycle Review Meetings, Data Quality Audit and Datasets of all Surveys.
- S/he shall be responsible for updating SMC MIS, performance dashboards and PUDR
- Support SMC implementing states in compilation of report, data analysis and writing of reports such as end of cycle report and donor narrative reports
- S/he shall promote learning, feedback and data use among LGA and Facility Health Workers
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Technical Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- B.Sc or HND in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or Economics or related analytical courses is required. A master Degree is an added advantage
- High analytical and decision making skills is desirable.
- Previous experience designing MIS for a health facility or community-based intervention is desirable
- Experience with the use of Kobo collect / Survey CTO, Tableau / Power BI, SPSS/STATA and programmable software like MySQL is a required
- Excellent report writing, facilitation and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Note: Please indicate your state of choice on your CV.
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bolt Nigeria
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Contec Global Group (10 Positions)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Alan & Grant
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Airtel Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Parkway Project Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Mindas Petroleum Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Technoton Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Interswitch Group
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Oketola Adeniyi & Associates (OAA)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Fountline Telecommunications