Logistics Advisor at Chemonics International
- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Nassarawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Nigeria
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Advisor
Project: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Logistics Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that addresses all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria
- The Logistics Advisor will be responsible for coordinating commodity logistics activities in the assigned state for the GHSC-PSM project in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The Logistics Advisor, working through the State Logistics Management Coordinating Unit (LMCU), shall be responsible for:
Facility Level Replenishment and Reporting:
- Ensuring donor-procured health commodities “stock on-hand” within health facilities continuously falls within the min/max range established for each product by supporting the LMCU to:
- Facilitate data collection at the state level
- Facilitate data review at the state level (accuracy of facility reporting)
- Facilitate data input into the National Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) reporting tool
- Support assessment activities (EUV, state warehouses, storage facilities, supply chain, etc.)
- Submit bi-monthly replenishment orders for quantities of each donor procured commodity not to exceed the allocated value of commodity made available to the State from the national supply of donor stock,
- Submit emergency orders if/when donor-procured stock levels fall below min/max values in between bi-monthly distributions
- Support replenishment trend analysis and consumption data pattern analysis to help supervise and identify future distribution requirements.
Facility Level Receiving:
- Share the distribution plan with identified Stakeholders within the state
- In conjunction with the W&D Advisor, will develop a schedule to monitor distribution services of the 3PLs making deliveries of donor-funded commodities (appropriate trucks, delivery times, etc.)
- Coordinate with SDP IPs and other stakeholders to ensure that facilities have the appropriate staff with signature authority are present during delivery windows, that facilities conduct a comprehensive review of the quantities of each product delivered against the proof of delivery, that facilities inspect the quality of the products being delivered, and facilities carefully noting any discrepancies on the proof of delivery document prior to accepting the delivery.
- Receive copies of the PODs from distribution 3PL and share it with LMCU.
- Escalate any discrepancies in the number of products delivered or quality challenges
- Oversee the review of PODs to detect any issues and address/escalate accordingly.
- Provide feedback to the regional and central W&D team on delivery issues.
Facility Level Storage:
- Coordinate with SDP/ IPs and other stakeholders to ensure that donor-procured commodities within health facilities are stored and managed in keeping with the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, and good inventory control best practices.
State Central Medical Store:
- Support the state to strengthen storage practices at the central medical store, applying best practices, and improving the state systems.
- Support routine LLIN distribution in Malaria supported states.
Coordination and Governance:
- Support state monthly PSM TWG meetings, providing technical inputs and information regarding supply chain activities of program areas supported by GHSC-PSM.
- Support the conduct of the biannual ART focal person meeting.
- Support State Health Partners’ Meeting
- Support the state programs in their annual work plan development and periodic review.
- Facilitate periodic visits to the health facilities, by the GHSC-PSM M&E team, to monitor implementation of supply chain activities that supports service delivery, and report results to the Regional Director.
- Providing state-level reports to the Regional Director on the stock status of health products within health facilities in the state and warehouses that have stock allocated to their state
System Strengthening and Collaboration with other Donors:
- Work with other USAID supported IPs to coordinate program activities and promote synergy among partners.
- Work with stakeholders to conduct Joint monitoring and supportive visits.
- Work with stakeholders to conduct capacity-building activities suited to address identified gaps
- Conduct a joint routine review of data quality issues with all relevant stakeholders and develop appropriate strategies to address issues identified.
- Ensure availability of commodities for all partner programs where it falls within GHSC-PSM mandate.
Report on Commodity Loss:
- Immediately report donor and state-procured commodity loss at the health facilities or during distribution to the Regional Director. The losses will include, expiries, theft, discrepancies inventory, commodity damage during handling, damage in product quality, etc. while in the custody of the state officials at the warehouses and/or health facilities.
- Facilitate the collection of a police report on the incident to ascertain the root cause and preventive action.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Regional Director.
- The Logistics Advisor will report to the Regional Director, Region 3, or designee.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Logistics Management or other related Sciences.
- Specific experience in supply chain and programming related to HIV / AIDS, TB, FP, MNCH, or Malaria strongly desired.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Good knowledge of using Microsoft office especially word, excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English is required.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Rural Homes Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Ralds & Agate Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Chemonics International
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Save the Children Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Vincintoire Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Risk Control Services Nigeria Limited (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Konga Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Willers Solutions Limited (21 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at TeamAce Limited (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Ultimus Holdings (11 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at U.S. Mission
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Asset and Equity Group
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at KPMG Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bethsaida Group of Companies
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Norwegian Refugee Council (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) – (13 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Skill “G” Nigeria Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at 9mobile
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Appzone Limited