Latest Jobs at Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State. Apply Now!!!
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Location: Zamfara, Nigeria
- State: Zamfara Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Experienced Level Jobs in Nigeria - Graduates Jobs in Nigeria
Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State – It is a conventional University established in January 2013 and currently has three faculties as follows: Faculty of Humanities and Education, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Science with a plan for additional faculties.
University Librarian (CONUASS 5)
- The University Librarian is a member of the University Management and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and the Council for the day-to-day administration and control of the University library.
- The university librarian is responsible for:
- Framing library policies
- Making personal contacts and liaising with departments on book requirements
- Preparing library budget
- Establishing policy for library exchange
- Engaging in matters of common interest for the benefit of readers and users
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the vice-chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for the position of the university Librarian should posses:
- A minimum of higher degree of Master’s in Library and Information Science with fifteen (15) years of experience.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage
- Candidates are also required to have scholarly publications in reputable journals and must be member of the following:
- Library Registration Council of Nigeria
- Nigeria Library Association
- Committee of University Librarians
- Furthermore, candidates are expected to be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications as applicable to the running of complex modem University library.
The candidate must have:
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent organization /administration skills that will command the respect and loyalty of the library staff
- Possess personal Integrity
- Should not be older than 65 years by the time of appointment
- Must be of good physical and mental health.
Condition of Service
The condition of service and salary are as obtained in the Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the University Governing Council. The appointment is for a period of five years.
Chief Procurement Officer
- Supervise, monitor and co-ordinate the activities of procurement unit;
- Prepare a procurement plan for the University for the short and long run;
- Prepare report for management – Annually, quarterly and other formal reports for action of the University management and Vice Chancellor;
- Design standard procurement programme and review from time to time;
- Monitor the performance and efficiency on costs;
- Prepare memoranda for procurement procedure; and
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for the position of the Chief Procurement Officer should posses:
- Twelve (12) years of relevant cognate experience in procurement activities in a tertiary institution or public service. He/she must have reached the position of Principal Procurement Officer I or its equivalent;
- Be competent in relevant computer/ICT operation
- Possession of relevant higher degree or Postgraduate Professional qualifications in relevant fields will be an advantage.
- Bureau for Public Procurement Certificate of conversion will be an added advantage. He/she must show evidence of leadership qualities, integrity and team work;
- Candidate must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and moral integrity;
- Be free from any moral, social and financial embarrassment;
- Must be of good physical and mental health;
- Excellent and verbal, and written communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills; and
- Should not be older than 60 years by the time of appointment
Condition of Service
The conditions of service and salary are as obtained in the Federal Universities in Nigeria, and as may be determined by the University Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed Applications in 30 copies with the Photocopies of their Certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the following details among others:
- Marital Status,
- Educational Institutions attended with dates,
- Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates,
- Working experience (i.e posts held, duration and salary earned) and publications (if any).
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to: The Registrar, Federal University Gusau, P.M.B. 1001 Gusau, Zamfara State. Note
- Applicants should send the names of the three (3) referees, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates professional/academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential reports direct to the address above.
- No application will be collected after the above closing date and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.