JSCN & M Jobs in Nigeria : Provost
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The Jigawa State College of Nursing and Midwifery, Birnin Kudu
- Location: Jigawa, Nigeria
- State: Jigawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
The Jigawa State College of Nursing and Midwifery, Birnin Kudu, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Provost
Duties of the Provost
- Broadly, the Provost is the Chief Executive and Academic Head if the College and is charged with the responsibility of the day-to-day administration of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide a strong Managerial and Professional leadership to the College towards executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council and the Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria for the achievement of the objectives for which the College was established.
- He/she must be self motivated and must have initiative and drive, good interpersonal relations and must be well versed in Human and Financial Resource Management.
- The Provost shall be Chief Executive and Academic Head of the College
- He/She shall be responsible for general administration and implementation of policies and programmes of the Governing Council
- He/She shall be Chief Accounting Officer of the College.
Candidate must possess valid certificate as Nurse Educator of Midwife Educator from Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria and be registered nurse/midwifery educator and MUST have:
- At least 20 years post qualification experience
- BSc Nursing or Midwifery Degree with 3 years cognate teaching experience in school of nursing or midwifery or 5 years teaching experience if entry qualification is basic nursing or midwifery.
- The possession of a higher qualification such as Masters or PhD Degree will confer an added advantage
- Current practicing license as a Nurse Educator or Midwife educator
- A teaching qualification registrable with Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Good standing and be of sound character and high degree of integrity.
Other Requirements include:
- Sound knowledge and experience of human and financial resource management
- Computer literacy and ability to use MS office package
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for tenure of four (4) years in the first instance, but the candidate may be eligible for a re-appointment for the second time and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts in Jigawa State, and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2016.