Information Assistant Job at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Location: Abuja, FCT, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Assistant
Department: Nigeria Country Department (RDNG)
Supervisor: Senior Director, RDNG
- The Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank and the Government and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- RDNG invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Information Assistant.
- This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall administrative authority of the Senior Director for the Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) and the day to day direct supervision of the Manager, Country Operations on all substantive and professional matters; the main responsibilities of the Information Assistant will be:
- Act as focal point for the management of information support and research matters as required by the manager. Work with the Communications and Economic Complexes within the Bank to source information, publications, brochures and other institutionally significant publications for display at the Information Centre;
- Assist and support the Communications Officer in drafting, editing and proof-reading of all materials that will be posted on the website of the Nigeria Country Department (including, but not limited to concept notes, brochures, lists of participants, press-releases, biographies, etc.);
- Assist in the creation, editing and retouching of photographs and videos;
- Working closely with Communications Team, map major media outlets and compile names of leading journalists who could be relevant for the unit and could be invited to cover the events, etc;
- Assist with social media campaigns around the Forum (e.g. Twitter and Facebook posts);
- Support the team towards achieving deliverables for effectiveness;
- Support the team with retrieval and compilation of data from Client Connection
- Coordinate activities taking priorities into account, monitoring changes, and communicating the information to the manager; set up and manage exhibition booths at events organized and coorganized by the Bank;
- Track assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinates with relevant staff and aid and/or information on related matters;
- Carry out office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to the teams tasks;
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Communications, Media Studies, Journalism, International Rations, International Development, Marketing, or another related field.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to draft correspondence on a range of topics and ensure quality of documents;
- Proficiency in using advanced functions of standard computer applications and adaptability to use state of the art software for reference databases and dissemination activities;
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Effective time management, team player with strong organizational and people/customer service skills, with demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness;
- Proven skills in planning, prioritizing and coordinating wok and other activities internally and externally;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and able to produce high quality work under pressure;
- Ability to carry through initiatives independently in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information;
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: library work environment, information management, journalism, public relations, advocacy, international relations, marketing, development, advertising, digital communications, multimedia agencies, or another relevant field;
- Experience in media relations and systems, using traditional and social media, multi-media and a variety of platforms;
- Experience in organization of large scale events, preferably at the international level;
- Familiarity with the work of the Organization, its mandate, main areas of focus, agencies, entities and departments; current priorities issues;
- Must have an active presence in major social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instaram, and LinkedIn
- Experience with the systems like the WordPress Content Management System, plus basic knowledge of HTMLS and CSS, will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Illustrator, and in Design an asset.
Terms of Employment
6 months contract renewal based on performance and budget availability
Application Closing Date
28th December, 2017
How to Apply
- Only applicants who already have the right to live and work in Nigeria will be considered for this position. The bank does not support applications for work permits and relocation.
- Applications received in hard copy will not be assessed. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint candidate at a lower level.
- The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group does not ask for payments of any kind frog applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.