Individual Training Consultant – Energy Efficient Stove at Mercy Corps
- Company: Mercy Corps
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Nigeria
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Training Consultant – Energy Efficient Stove
Employment Type: Contract
- The Goal of the program, Addressing Diverse and Acute Primary Threats (ADAPT) to Human Security in North Eastern Nigeria, is to save lives and prevent human suffering among displaced, returnee and host households in Borno State.
- The Goal aligns with BHA’s overarching mission statement to “save lives, alleviate human suffering, and reduce the physical, social, and economic impact of rapid and slow-onset disasters”.
- The scope of the program is also in alignment with the three strategic objectives of the 2019 – 2021 Humanitarian Response strategy for Nigeria, which are:
- Save lives by providing timely and integrated multi-sector assistance and protection interventions to the most vulnerable.
- Enhanced timely, unhindered, and equitable access to multi-sector assistance and protection interventions through principled humanitarian action.
- Strengthen the resilience of the affected population, promote early recovery and voluntary and safe durable solutions to displacement and support social cohesion.
- Under the ADAPT Shelter program, Mercy Corps will propose a range of shelter solutions to meet the various needs of newly displaced at reception centers and/or at transition sites, existing IDPs in over-congested camps and the IDPs living with host communities, returnees and host families. Across four intervention types, 2650 HHs in total will benefit. 1000 women headed HHs will receive locally made fuel efficient stoves and 2,400 of the most vulnerable households receiving food vouchers to also receive fuel efficient cook stoves.
- In Borno, 70% of IDPs, returnees and hosts are reducing meals as a coping mechanism due to insufficient access to fuel sources owing to rampant natural resource overexploitation as seen in REACH MSNA 2020 results. 83% in Dikwa and 67% reduce their meal frequency. 47% have insufficient access to firewood/fuel in the surrounding environment to meet energy needs, 70% use firewood as the most commonly used fuel type for cooking, and from this caseload 12% collect firewood from the bush that can expose them to an insecure environment in garrison towns.
- To overcome this cross-cutting protection, food-security and nutrition problem, Mercy Corps will distribute 3,400 locally made energy efficient fuel stoves to female-headed households to help the specific need related to fuel that put the women at HH at potential protection risk while going out to bush for fetching the firewood in garrison towns.
- Mercy Corps will build the response on the EU funded MAIDA program where Mercy Corps partners with a local organization ICEEC who has established local producers in Maiduguri. A training component will be part of the assistance to sensitize the communities on building safe kitchens and fire safety in the settlements.
- To facilitate the proper implementation of Mercy Corps’ Shelter and Settlements Team responses in Camps and Settlements under ADAPT, the consultant will organize 6 training of trainers (ToTs) sessions on the effective use of fuel efficient stoves.
- The sessions will be organized in Maiduguri, Ngala, Dikawa, Damboa, Gwoza and Bama.
The Consultants will:
- Train Mercy Corps & Sector partners’ 20 team members, 20 volunteer trainers form each deep field location (20 x 5) and facilitate 1 step down on the job session in each LGA (5) to guide the graduated trainers.
- Developing and testing basic Training Manual and IEC materials on the subject for the trainers in English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Develop manual/Training guide
- Printing of manual/training guide
- Report writing.
The training will be focused on Effective Use of Energy Efficient Stoves in site and Settlements, to enable the trainees to:
- Roll out full length Effective Use of Energy Efficient Stoves trainings in site and settlements.
- Analyses potential disaster risks and hazards associated with the use of energy efficient stoves in sites and settlements.
- Analyze and understand the health and protection associated benefits of the usage of energy efficient stoves.
- Map the available resources and planning to foster the effective usage of energy efficient stoves.
- Sensitize the neighborhood on the effective usage of energy efficient stoves in their communities.
Total Level of Effort:
- 45 days (Including weekends)
- He/She must have proven previous experience in delivering similar trainings.
- Candidate must be based in Borno State
- Transportation of Consultant to the various deep field offices (Bama, Gwoza, Ngala, Damboa and Dikwa) via UNHAS Chopper based on availability;
- Per diem
- Accommodation (Humanitarian Hub) in the deep field offices (Bama, Gwoza, Dikwa, Ngala and Dambao). In a location where there is no Humanitarian Hub, Mercy Corps will accommodate the consultant in its guest house
- The Consultant will be paid on the number of days worked
- Provision of training stationaries
- Venue for the training.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2021.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should forward their CV, Technical proposal, Work plan, Evidence of similar work done, Daily consultancy fee, List of materials needed with Estimated costs to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bolt Nigeria
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Contec Global Group (10 Positions)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Alan & Grant
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Airtel Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Parkway Project Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Mindas Petroleum Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Technoton Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Interswitch Group
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Oketola Adeniyi & Associates (OAA)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Fountline Telecommunications