Immediate Recruitment at Concise News (2017 Jobs)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Concise News
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Nigeria
Concise News – We are a modern media house with a pragmatic view about news gathering and delivery. We are aware of the lapses in news publishing in Nigeria and have taken up the challenge to correct these anomalies. We are out to rewrite the rules on how news publishing should be done in the digital age.
As a result of our expansion, we require vibrant, result-oriented and achievement driven individuals who seek to advance their careers in a dynamic environment to fill the position below:
- Source for and identify newsworthy events to cover.
- Attend general and social events and do proper photo coverages.
- Be able to sniff out newsmakers at events and take exclusive photos.
- Work closely with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
- Save and archive exclusively-taken photos for future reference.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal candidate:
- Good news judgment is a must.
- Ability to accurately and consistently capture stories through camera lens and follow news.
- Ability to ask intelligent questions of newsmakers.
- Must be good at using photo editing packages like adobe photoshop.
- Can write appropriate photo captions and put few paragraphs together with minimal errors.
- Minimum of OND
- 2 of years work experience in a newsroom is preferable.
- Report stories using interviews, source documents, social media and original research.
- Work closely with graphic, photo and video teams to optimize and produce content.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Has good command of spelling, grammar and inverted pyramid newswriting.
- Understands reporting ethics and news sourcing.
- Demonstrates strong news judgment.
- Excels in a fast-paced news environment and understands the rudiments of digital news publishing.
- Is comfortable using social media, such as Twitter, Facebook and Periscope, to enhance reporting and promote stories.
- Understand multi-platform delivery.
- Comfortable with working weekends and nights as needed.
- Is willing to travel at the last minute to cover breaking news events.
- Has good working knowledge of content management system with emphasis on wordpress.
At least 2 years’ experience of news reporting with a recognised news medium, preferably an online news publisher.