ICRC Jobs in Nigeria : Medical Field Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Location: Biu, Borno, Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Nigeria
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Biu Office, is looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Medical Field Officer
- Assists Health Delegate in running field activities related to the health program
- Contributes to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health programs
- Contributes to continuous assessment and monitoring of health situation in area of responsibility
- In coordination with Health Delegate, networks and maintains contacts with State, local authorities and other humanitarian organizations, National Security, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) and community leaders
- Participates in field trips; at times may be requested to organize and lead field trip
- Evaluates the health needs, prepares the medical support and assists the health activities with close monitoring in the field, in coordination with the State Primary Health Care Development (SPHCDA).
- Regularly trains the SPHCDA health teams in the ICRC supported health facilities, with on the job training. Particular focus to be given to implementation of clinical guidelines, reproductive health, pharmacy management and hygiene promotion
- In an emergency, assists mobilization of NRCS Emergency Action Teams (EAT)
- Medical Doctor registered with the Nigerian Medical Board of Nigeria
- Working experience in Public Health in the tropics is mandatory
- At least 2 years of experience in working in Nigeria and knowledge of the Nigerian Health System
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of Borno mainly, Gombe & Yobe surrounding areas
- Prepared to spend 80% of time doing field visits
- Able to translate local language Hausa and Kanuri to English and vice versa.
- Good knowledge of Hausa, Margi, Bura and Kanuri will be added advantage
- Knowledge in Data entry and analysis
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Team work and partnership working skills
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected] Please clearly indicate "Medical Field Officer BIU" as the subject of your application. Note
- Applications intended for this role without the above subject will not be treated.
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.