Graduate Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) Officer at Plan International – 3 Positions
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Plan International Nigeria
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) Officer
Job ID: 23042
Contract Duration: 5.5 Months
- To provide technical support and coordinate tasks at field based emergency nutrition response planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the project
- The incumbent will be responsible for the overall implementation of CMAM in collaboration with other nutrition and SMOH staff and integration with other programs. S/He will facilitate good practice and ensure compliance to applicable implementation of national CMAM guidelines.
- Plan and organize OTP at designated OTP sites in liaison with SMoH staff and nutrition coordinator.
- Work closely care group promoter supervisors, care group promoters and lead mothers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to OTP sites.
- Work closely with other partners implementing SC for proper referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at SC level
- Take lead on the CMAM services at fixed and mobile outreach OTP sites
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/SC.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure all children in OTP are immunized according to the national protocols.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to the SC.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
- BA or equivalent in Nursing, Nutrition, Public Health, or related degree desired
- Over one (1) years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF programmes
- Valid and current practicing license. Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Borno State are encourage to apply
Application Closing Date