GBV Case Worker at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Company: International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GBV Case Worker
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The Case Worker will be responsible for case management and psychosocial support of vulnerable women, including survivors of violence, in the project sites in Maiduguri.
- Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process including final case evaluation and closure
- Provide referrals for survivors to other services including child protection and specialized mental health services, accompany of survivors where appropriate and conduct follow- up to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor.
- Identify gaps in referral services and report these gaps to the GBV Manager for action.
- Liaise with community volunteers for purposes of survivor follow-up as part of case management to individual survivors.
- Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, safety and security and non-discrimination
- Complete and maintain case management records to maximize confidentiality and safety
- Participate in case review meetings and referral coordination meetings if needed
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct an analysis of trends of GBV incidences and related information on a quarterly basis and present report to the GBV manager for advocacy and program future program
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to university level (First Degree or HND preferably in Social Science, Psychology or a related Field)
- Hausa and English languages required; Kanuri language be must
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Experience working with survivors of GBV an asset
- Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset
- Comfortable in living and working in Damboa.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position* a*pplications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2021.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should send and address their Applications to the "Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps" via:
using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email. Note
- Position: Nigerian nationals only
- We are an equal opportunity organization so Borno-State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- “International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review”
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bolt Nigeria
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Contec Global Group (10 Positions)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Alan & Grant
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Airtel Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Parkway Project Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Mindas Petroleum Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Technoton Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Interswitch Group
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Oketola Adeniyi & Associates (OAA)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Fountline Telecommunications