Food and Beverage Manager at Nordic Hotels
- Company: Nordic Hotels
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Hospitality Jobs in Nigeria
Nordic Hotels – With beautiful rooms and suites, we offer peaceful and pleasant surroundings for both business and leisure travelers.
Nordic Hotel combines distinctive modern Scandinavian design with exquisite service and comfort. Our prime objective is to provide our guests with a desirable and comfortable environment away from home. Simply put: We want to be the best hotels in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for and manages the general operations of the Food and Beverage department. Well that’s really a given but how comfortable would you be picking up towels by the poolside or assisting guests with their luggage to their rooms?
- You see, at the Nordic Hotel Lagos, we like to do things a bit differently or let’s just say no two days are the same. No matter what your role at the hotel may be, we would prefer you roll up your sleeves and step in to assist your teammates without hesitation.
- That’s not because we expect it but because it comes naturally to you. If it does, then we invite you to read on.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Overall responsibility for hiring, training, supervising and scheduling for all outlets.
- Liaise with the Executive Chef in the creation of menus.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage, china/glass/linens/silverware and labor costs among all sub-departments to Hotel standards.
- Abide by and implement all company requirements pertaining to the service of alcoholic beverages.
- Oversee all cash handling staff to ensure cash handling policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Comply with all accounting rules and standards.
- Assist in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality in food, service, cleanliness and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction of all outlets and recommend new operating and marketing initiatives.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that all food and beverage related activities and services meet or exceed the hotels’ standards and goals.
- Review daily hotel guests’ arrivals, VIPs, special requests, and group needs.
- Maintain a high level of morale and productivity as well as the consistent and effective flow of communication within the Food and Beverage Department and between other departments of the hotel.
- Coordinate repairs, upkeep and maintenance activities with the Engineering Department.
- Oversee the maintenance and configuration of the POS system ensuring that all the necessary information is accurate.
- Prepare the departmental budget with the General Manager and Financial Controller and put measures in place to achieve and exceed the budget.
- Oversee the inventory and ordering of supplies for the department.
- Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or equivalent experience in a hospitality environment.
- 4+ years of experience in Food and Beverage, Culinary, or Related Professional Area.
- In-depth Food, Beer, Wine and Spirit knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly driven and motivated individual with deep knowledge and understanding of Food and Beverage operations.
- A passion for showcasing local products.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours and schedules.
- Must be able to physically endure long periods of standing.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and a professional presentation.
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and team members.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to "Kevin Lawless" by mail to:
using "F&B Manager for NHL" as the subject of the email. Note: We thank you for your interest in joining Nordic Hotel Lagos. We will review your qualifications and should your profile meet our requirements we shall contact you to discuss the next steps.
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – New Recruitment at Willers Solutions Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Revolutionplus Property Development Company Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Enercom Solutions Nigeria Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Zilt Investment Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Dangote Group (26 Positions)
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Zetech Oil Services Nigeria Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Sokoto Trading Co. Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Shahada Farms Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Value Seeds Limited