Finance Manager Job at Mennonite Economic Development Associates
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA)
- Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- State: Bauchi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates) is an international economic development organization whose mission is to create business solutions to poverty. Founded in 1953 by a group of Mennonite business professionals, we partner with the poor to start or grow small and medium-sized businesses in developing regions around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- MEDA seeks qualified Nigerians to support its Youth Entrepreneurship and Women’s Empowerment in Northern Nigeria project (Nigeria WAY) in Bauchi, Bauchi state. Nigeria WAY is a five- year project that will assist economically active women and youth to increase their income particularly those who are involved in agro-processing in the rice, soybean, and groundnut value chains. In addition, the project will work with communities and families to improve the environment where girls grow up. The project will run until March 2022.
- The position of Finance Manager is a 1-year contract with option for renewal (for up to a total of 5 years). The expected start-date is as soon as possible.
- The Finance Manager will support the Field Project Manager (FPM) by managing use of project finances consistent with MEDA policy, Global Affairs Canada (GAC) requirements and Nigerian law.
- The Finance Manager will maintain accurate financial records and prepare timely, accurate financial reports contributing vital information to project management decisions.
- The Finance Manager is responsible for overall compliance by project staff and partners to the rules of fiscal management.
- S/he will oversee financial management of each sub-grant, ensuring that regular review of partner records, include adequate documentation to support reasonable and allowable expenses claimed to each project.
- Manage the use of project finances in compliance with MEDA policy, GAC requirements and Nigerian law.
- Work closely with MEDA head office to ensure that financial recordkeeping is accurate and auditable. Submit accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Responsible for ensuring that general accounting functions are completed on a timely basis, including payroll, accounts payable paid within terms and accounts receivable actively managed. Maintain multi-currency accounting systems, general ledgers, sub-ledgers and job costing systems as required. Complete month-end closing and journal entry preparation and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records for all financial transactions in an organised and professional manner.
- Facilitate regular internal and external audits of the project and of partners.
- Ensure MEDA’s program adheres to the laws of the Government of Nigeria, including financial reporting, tax, labour and proper registration with all relevant authorities as required.
- Oversee the management of grants to local partners. This includes assessing financial management capacity of each local partner, and providing recommendations for training to ensure that each partner has systems in place that will allow them to manage the project funds granted to them.
- Review all proposed budgets submitted by partners to ensure reasonability and allowability of the proposed use of funds.
- Directly supervise the work of the Accountant, Grants Officer and other positions that may be required for the Finance Department.
- Conduct other duties assigned by the Field Project Manager.
- Master of Arts or Science in Finance, Accounting or Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance management of a complex internationally funded project.
- Experience with financial management in compliance with requirements of major donors.
- Experience with multiple sub-grant relationships and financial software
- Advanced degree in relevant field or extensive experience in financial management.
- Fluency in English is required.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit their CV's and Cover Letters to: [email protected] Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.