Facility Manager at Alpha Mead Group
- Company: Alpha Mead Group
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Alpha Mead Group is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management and Real Estate Financing Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Manager
- The Facility Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the facility through implementation of policies, procedures and programs required by the client and the company.
- The ultimate goal is to assure a well-managed well maintained property or portfolio of properties with emphasis on positive and timely response to the concerns and needs of the clients occupying the property.
- Conduct periodic unannounced property inspections on weekends, nights and early mornings to determine the performance of key service providers, i.e. janitorial service, landscaping, security, technician/handyman services, etc.
- MBWA – Manage by walking around.
- Involvement and input required with the Portfolio Manager for the selection of service providers.
- Assure full compliance of all service providers with property specifications and standards.
- Responsible for daily inspection and supervise Preventive Maintenance plans for the following:
- The building including ceiling, walls, floors, windows, etc.
- The generators
- All offices within the building
- The premises grounds including the parking facilities.
- Sanitation with a strong focus on the toilets.
- Possible annex locations within the facility.
- Oversee the correction of maintenance issues that relate to the interior space and exterior of the building, as applicable.
- Manage property to identify, prevent, address, and eliminate all environmental, health and safety issues.
- Conduct regular periodic fire and life safety inspections.
- Provide for records destruction services as needed to protect proprietary information.
- Monitor utility usage and make adjustments in usage patterns to minimize costs.
- Provide project management services for small projects as directed by management. Additionally, the Facility Manager is involved and serves as a resource for all interior planning, furniture reconfiguration and internal moves of the clients.
- Conduct periodic property review to prepare and maintain plans for handling major storms, security risks and other extraordinary events.
- Maintain liaison relationship with Landlords or Landlord Representatives.
- Review and understand Leases.
- Produce monthly reports, including an operations summary of completed and planned operations activity.
- Assist Project Management and Engineering, Design and Construction personnel – Protect the property.
- Provide for the provisioning of administrative / office services as needed by client occupant organizations.
- Respond positively and promptly to daily client needs.
- Assure consistent approach to addressing client needs.
- Lead Team meetings.
- Conduct periodic customer surveys.
- Advise clients of fire hazard and regulatory compliance requirements in your workspace.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual operating budgets and implement the day-to-day management of the facility within the parameters of the budget.
- Receive, review, code and sign supplier invoices.
- Maintain ongoing communications with head office Accounts Department and appropriate Accounting Manager.
- Site Float Management
- Develop capital requirements and budget as required.
- Provide services and contact information updates required.
- Supervise and direct the work of assigned employees/contract staff.
- Annual review of staff performance.
- Ensure compliance with all training activity and schedules for subordinates and team members, working within the Company policies and procedures.
- Keep emergency contact lists up to date and distributed to the necessary people, i.e. immediate managers, security.
- Maintain emergency procedures.
- Maintain fire safety plans.
- BSc/BA in Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field
- Proven experience as Facilities Manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. IFM, PFM, IFMA etc.) will be an advantage
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as subject of the email.