Driver at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Company: Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Kebbi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
- The Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) Driver is responsible to facilitate the movement of staff and relevant BA Nigeria stakeholders by vehicles from their originating destination to their final destination or vice versa and support the administrative team with basic logistics concerns.
Position’s Roles & Interactions
- This position will interact heavily with BA-N staff (especially the administrative team) and relevant internal and external stakeholders within and outside the state.
- The position will have lead responsibility for all transportation activities for Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria within the state.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of staff, consultants, and other stakeholders in the office.
- Ability to embark on field missions to states within the area of responsibilities;
- Ensures cost saving through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily; vehicle logs, provision of inputs in the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report;
- Maintain a vehicle log to record daily trips using project vehicles
- Provides necessary services like dispatch and collection of mails as may be directed.
- Ensures availability of all required documents and components/gadgets of the assigned vehicle without loss of any;
- Maintains tracks of vehicle insurance and other relevant vehicle papers for renewal as at when due;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident/incident;
- Maintains the standard procedure and practice in fueling and servicing.
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies
- Minimum of a Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE). Diploma Preferred;
- 5 – 8 years’ professional driving experience (3 – 5 years with a USAID funded Project/ International organization);
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance issues and procedures;
- Candidates must possess skills in defensive driving, security & emergency driving, and executive driving skills;
- Experience working in one’s preferred state (surrounding states) is a MUST for this position;
- Valid Nigeria’s driver’s license and good knowledge of the high way codes of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with, local communities, partner staff, and policymakers;
- A good communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills in both English and local language of the immediate environment (i.e. the local language spoken in the state);
- Experience with International NGOs;
- Thorough knowledge of the state, locations of NGOs, meeting venues, etc.
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2021.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to:
using the "Job Title and Location" as the subject of the email.
Popular Jobs this WeekSubmit CVs – Latest Recruitment at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Rural Homes Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Ralds & Agate Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Chemonics International
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Save the Children Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Vincintoire Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Risk Control Services Nigeria Limited (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Konga Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Willers Solutions Limited (21 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at TeamAce Limited (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Ultimus Holdings (11 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at U.S. Mission
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Asset and Equity Group
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at KPMG Nigeria
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Bethsaida Group of Companies
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Norwegian Refugee Council (12 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) – (13 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Skill “G” Nigeria Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at 9mobile
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Appzone Limited