Director, Engineering Experience at Andela Nigeria
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Andela Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Nigeria
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Engineering Experience
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This is anything but your standard “HR Business Partner” role. You’ll be the leader and guardian of our engineering population. From performance and productivity, community to culture, this is a challenging role with high expectations.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of meaningful experience in a strategic HR Business Partner role in a challenging and changing environment.
- Your knowledge and experience are both broad and deep from employment law and best practices to talent management. Experience with design of engagement strategies preferred.
- Core accountability for engineering retention metrics and key engagement scores
- Design and enforce best practices for how your team builds trusted relationships and influences decision makers on matters related to engineering experience.
- Manage and lead a team of 6+ HR business partners, their objectives, priorities, trade offs, risks and escalations
- Design and implement strategies to effectively navigate organisational change for our engineers
- Collaborate with partner engineering (Delivery), Staffing and Engineering Growth to optimize the holistic career journey for engineers as they progress with Andela.
- Provide actionable feedback to Andela’s leadership team on all aspects of engineering experience for continuous scale and improvement.
- Have a strong track record of problem solving and leveraging data to inform decisions
- Genuine belief in bringing your full self to what you do every day, see “work” as a calling and a passion
- Comfortable facilitating executives, coming to the table with a point of view able to balance the needs of Andela, our engineers and our partners
- Comfortable negotiating and managing expectations, influencing up, challenging thoughtfully
- Creative self-starter who prides themselves on their grit and resourcefulness
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion, exceptional ethical leadership
- Strong balance of optimism and pragmatism
- Detail orientation with excellent organisational, prioritisation and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated ownership and accountability for long term projects through execution and measurement of success
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Application Closing Date