Cummins West Africa Limited Jobs in Nigeria : Mining Manager
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Cummins West Africa Limited
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Nigeria
Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mining Manager
Req ID: 1500016E
Job Type: Experienced – Professional / Office
- Supervises employees who install, service, and repair equipment and machinery in the workshop. Supervises Shop Service Technicians;
- Coordinates and schedules Technician work schedules;
- Communicates repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes;
- Monitors Technician productivity and repair quality, and provides coaching and feedback to individual Service Technicians;
- Provides performance reviews and opportunities for professional growth. Provides first level of support to Service Technicians requiring assistance;
- Escalates technical support needs for resolution when needed.
- Manages service logistics including use of materials, equipment, and employees;
- Ensures that workshop equipment is in proper working order and that needed tools are available to Service Technicians.
- Reviews quotes developed by Service Writers/Advisors for accuracy prior to communication to customers;
- Provides updates on repair status and any plan or schedule changes to Service Writer/Advisor.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Monitors the status of open repairs with workshop technicians;
- Addresses issues that impact completion of the repair plan in the time quoted to customers. Monitors goals and targets for the branch;
- Measures, reviews, and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- Technical trade school degree or equivalent education, or equivalent experience required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
- Full profit and loss statement accountability for mining aftermarket business and Achieving annual sales and profit AOP
- Channel Repair Process – QuickServe – Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
- Service Cross Functional Knowledge – Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support. Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
- Communication – Written and Verbal – Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
- Analyze Issues – Understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Applies accurate logic in solving problems.
- Manage Execution – Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
- Claims Management System – Awareness of the Claims Management Systems. Also has some knowledge of Cummins products and their respective warranty coverage’s. Familiarization with the Warranty Administration Manual, campaigns, Temporary Repair Practices, and warranty alerts.
- Focus on Customer Needs – Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
Application Closing Date