Chief Operating Officer (COO) at KPMG Nigeria
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: KPMG Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
KPMG Nigeria – Our client is one of the leading real estate & infrastructure development company that is rapidly growing and expanding its footprint – with offerings in mid-to high Luxury buildings, infrastructures, facility management and Luxury Serviced Apartments. The company over the years has continued to strive as one of the leaders in the real estate space ensuring the delivery of innovative, excellent and quality services to its clients.
In line with its desire to fill key roles with best in-class talent, the company is seeking to fill the role of:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Detailed Job Description
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be responsible for providing high level organization-wide leadership. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO will provide strategic leadership over the firm’s operational and administrative functions and overall responsibility for executing daily operations for the company liaising with department heads and other external stakeholders as required.
- Guide, direct and lead Business Development and Funds Coordination, and all back-office operations including HR, Accounting, IT, Marketing and Sales, Logistics, Quality Control, and Supply Chain.
- Facilitate the company’s strategic planning process and translate the overall strategy into actionable plans to ensure achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Supervise the preparation of the annual budget, as well as long-term fiscal plans for the Company; direct the development, implementation and adherence to budgets and systems to achieve operating and financial objectives.
- Solicits new business opportunities through existing relationship, fostering new relationships and ensuring a positive reputation within the industry.
- Assist the CEO in fund raising ventures.
- Work closely with the CEO to achieve growth targets and development/expansion plans.
- Set departments’ high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
- Conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the company is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (increase in profits, increase in market share, return on investment, etc.).
- Facilitate the establishment of key process performance metrics, monitor performance, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed dashboard/reports for the CEO.
- Ensure the Company follows all regulatory requirements and agreements.
- Manage investor relations and ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Monitor the adherence of employees to guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Build a highly inclusive culture that ensures all team members thrive & organizational outcomes are met.
- Ensure all staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed as part of performance management practice.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to provide visionary and strategic leadership and translates vision into measurable goals and definitive actions
- Innovative and a problem solver
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills, business acumen and the ability to negotiate;
- Highly skilled in community involvement and engagement and in building strategic partnerships and collaborations;
- Experience with administrative and fiscal management, budgeting and operations;
- Demonstrates effective delegation of staff responsibilities and a system of follow up and accountability;
- Inspiring and inclusive leadership style with demonstrable track record of managing and supporting staff;
- Understand corporate governance codes and principles
- An exceptional individual with proven track record.
- B.Sc. in Business Administration, Finance or any other relevant discipline
- An MBA or Business-related postgraduate degree would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years cognate experience in finance and operational excellence/ quality control function with at least 4 years in a senior management role
- Relevant professional memberships and or certifications e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, or function specific (e.g. ACCA)
- Hands-on Accounting and Finance experience
- Basic knowledge of design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing and CADD.
Application Closing Date