Career Opportunities at KPMG Nigeria (November, 2018 Jobs)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: KPMG Nigeria
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs - Rivers Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Nigeria
KPMG Professional Services is the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organizations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential. At KPMG, we are committed to working with our clients to cut through complexities of the business world – finding solutions and adding value.
Ethics Line Operator
Engagement Type: Graduate Hire
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handle customer inquiries/complaints via telephone, email or website
- Document client call enquiry/complaint in relevant call reporting templates
- Prepare a summary report of complaints made to clients on a monthly basis
- Prepare and/or update relevant clients files on a timely basis
- Keep track of and communicate the subscription expiry date tracker to the managers on a monthly basis
- Perform trend analysis of surveys conducted during whistle blowing awareness sessions
- Perform trend analysis of complaints received on a quarterly basis
- Work with the marketing department to prepare new sample awareness posters when required
- Prepare a weekly catalogue of fraud.
- Perform research and gather intelligence on whistleblowing happenings around the world
Quality & Risk Management Review:
- Perform monthly mock QP review on selected and agreed files
- Follow-up with the relevant team lead/managers to obtain the files to be reviewed
- Submit monthly reports on files reviewed
- Document and discuss areas of non-compliance with the relevant managers
- Conduct research on individuals and entities as directed by the relevant manager
- Conduct research on individuals and entities using information on KPMG subscribed databases
- Evidence gathering and filing in respect of research conducted above
- Write a report in Microsoft Word format detailing the results of the research conducted above
- Make quarterly presentations on learnings from research conducted above
- Understand and interpret CAC search reports
- Maintain a record of all CAC searches conducted by KPMG forensic
- Minimum of second class lower in any field of study
Skills and competence requirements:
- Verbal communication skills
- Interviewing skills
- Attention to details
- Report writing
- Proficiency in more than one language (i.e. English and another language e.g. French, Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo) will be an added advantage
Chief Financial Officer
Ref #: CYG200
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- In line with the company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading financial practices, the company is looking for an exceptional individual with proven integrity to lead its financial function.
- The Chief Financial Officer will work from the Head Office in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Detailed Job Descriptions
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, your mission will be:
- To be a key partner in developing strategy and operating the business
- To provide leadership and critical control of all day-to-day aspects of finance and accounting. In addition, the CFO will be part of the senior leadership team responsible for the strategic and tactical direction of the company
- To be responsible for ensuring the success of all financial operations
- To provide operational and strategic oversight for the organizational finance operations
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant professional qualification and certification
- Post qualification of 10-15 years with at least 5 – 7 years senior level experience
- Should have a positive mental attitude
- Processing speed (thought and action)
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Managing Profitability
- Strategic thinking and Planning
- Quality Management
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Forecasting, Corporate Finance and developing budgets
- Financial Skills
- Dealing with Complexity
General Manager, Quality Service Restaurant
Ref #: CYG211
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Executive Director Operations, the GM, QSR will:
- Ensure the financial viability of the business as well as sustainability of the business in a competitive environment
- Develop and implement the strategic plan for the QSR business in the most cost effective and time efficient manner
- Lead, inspire/motivate and manage the QSR employees to deliver the business units strategic objectives.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the QSR business division
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight for the development and implementation of tactical and operational plans for all QSR outlets
- Oversee the development and implementation of a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual to guide all activities in all outlets
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of standard QSR supply chain policies and procedures in line with leading practices
- Oversee the development and continuous update of a customer relationship management tool to prompt effective response to current and prospective customer needs.
- Continuously review of the departmental activities and make recommendations for improvement to the EDO
- Motivate, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity-building of all QSR Staff
- Manage the career and developmental needs of all QSR staff
- Ensure all QSR staff timely obtain their training and certification requirements (e.g. food safety, medicals, quality control, customer service, etc.)
- Collaborate with Human Resources Department to oversee the recruitment and management of contract and temporary staff
- Assign detailed responsibilities to direct reports and supervise them to ensure timely and high quality results
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the business unit and provide overall leadership and guidance to all Operations Managers, Team Leads and other service staff
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimize performance and output
- Work with Finance/Accounts unit to ensure required measures are put in place to facilitate prompt payment to vendors for supply of materials
- Develop, implement and maintain necessary controls
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions for the division in line with approved financial authority limits
- Oversee the preparation of the QSR business units annual budget and monitor its implementation
- Ensure the timely and cost effective procurement and distribution of materials and equipment/tools between the central warehouse and all outlets
- Conduct regular site visits and spot checks to all outlets to monitor and ensure full compliance with defined food safety, cleanliness and hygiene policies and procedures
- Oversee and ensure full adherence to agreed recipe, menu/meal plans
- Act as an ambassador for the company’s QSR business unit and ensure full engagement with all internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant professional qualification and certification
- Post qualification of 7 years with at least 3 years senior level experience
- Overall Profitability
- Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Overall Sales and Revenues
- Business Unit Profitability
- Fulfillment of SLAs
- HSE Compliance
- Growth in Customer Base.
- Operational Losses.
Data Scientist in Advisory
Ref. ID: 138711BR
- KPMG’s Data & Analytics professionals have earned that trust with a business-first approach focused on solving complex C-level business imperatives with analytics.
- We help clients address their long-term, strategic objectives. We combine our heritage of deep industry and process knowledge with innovative capabilities and proven solutions to help clients make better, faster decisions in all areas of their business to accelerate results.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
- Build recommendation engines, spam classifiers, sentiment analyzers and classifiers for unstructured and semi-structured data
- Develop churn management, Customer Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Next Best Offer and other recommendation machine learning models and algorithms
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns
- Oversee the deployment of machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods
- Design and implement cognitive computing/AI applications using some combination of the following commercial and open source platforms and libraries including Microsoft AI, Google AI, AWS AI, IBM Watson, Tensor flow, etc.
- Participate in client engagements focused on big data and advanced business analytics, in diverse domains such as product development, marketing research, public policy, optimization, and risk management; communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations.
- Candidate should be open to working across industry groups including financial services, consumer markets, energy and natural resources, telecoms and public sector
- Supervise and build capacity of junior members of the Data & Analytics team
- Strong knowledge in the following fields: predictive analytics and machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), Artificial intelligence (AI), data visualization, statistical modeling and data mining
- Problemâ€‘solving ability through the use and/or development of algorithms, models, testing, etc.
- Strong understanding and ability to deploy supervised and unsupervised learning techniques including decision trees, ensemble methods, random forests, logistic regression, neural networks, SVM, Unsupervised learning & clustering, Kâ€‘means, etc.
- Strong knowledge and ability to leverage big data tools to cluster large amount of data and process data in distributed, large-scale environments. Familiarity with distributed data processing environments such as Amazon EC2, Storm, Hadoop and Spark will be an added advantage
- Fluency in Python, R, Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming language
- Proficiency and working experience with at least, one statistical modelling tool (such as SAS, Alteryx etc.)
- Strong data cleaning and transformation skills to ensure available data is suitable for modelling
- Strong communication skills – ability to explain technical concepts to the non-technical professionals/ client personnel
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of five years of professional experience working as a Data Scientist in a practical problem-oriented business area
- Strong experience in analytics, statistics, data mining, machine learning, natural language processing and/or mathematics
- Master’s degree or doctorate degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of second class upper in your first degree
- Must be between 28 – 35 years old.
How to Apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Ethics Line Operator
- Chief Financial Officer
- General Manager, Quality Service Restaurant
- Data Scientist in Advisory