Care International Job Vacancy : MEAL Officer (SRH & GBV)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Care International
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer (SRH & GBV)
Location: Maiduguri – Borno/Damaturu – Yobe
Position Type: Regular/Full term
- CARE International in Nigeria is implementing emergency response activities in Borno and Yobe States in North East Nigeria with focus on SRH, GBV and Food Nutrition Security & Livelihood
- The SRH and GBV components, in particularly, are aimed at ensuring the crisis-affected populations living in IDP camps and host communities have access to quality SRH & GBV services.
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of this position is to coordinate all M&E activities of the Emergency SRH and GBV Sectors in CARE Nigeria and to contribute to set-up a coherent and robust mechanism for achieving program quality
- The M&E Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the SRH and GBV in emergency interventions are implemented in accordance with CARE DM&E norms and standards in order to ensure high program quality
- The M&E Officer will mentor and coach the project and partner staff in all M&E processes
- This position will also oversee data management for sexual and reproductive health & GBV in emergencies programming including, but not limited to, the flagship SRH and GBV projects namely SAFPAC, ECHO and UNFPA
- S/he will provide oversight and guidance for the project outreach officers/ agents in data cleaning and validation activities and the larger project team.
- S/he will assist the project team in establishing a strong monitoring and evaluation system and also work with them to ensure high quality implementation of that system
- In addition, s/he will work very closely with project staff, other M&E colleagues from other sectors to ensure the incorporation of M&E best practices in the implementation of projects, and also advise on issues relating to the design to maximize output and results
- S/he will lead on all SRH/GBV-related monitoring and reflective practice exercises and ensure documentation of best-practices/lessons learnt
- S/he will also be involved in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the initiatives’ progress, in collaboration with partner organizations and other stakeholders
- Finally, s/he will take charge of the project’s Knowledge management, sharing and institutional learning
Responsibilities and Tasks
Establish Monitoring and Evaluation System for the SRH & GBV initiatives:
- Work with the project teams (including local partners), State Health Authorities and key stakeholders to establish an organised Monitoring and Evaluation system appropriate to the projects’ needs and resources in order to enhance program quality.
- Work with project team and partners, and through periodic field visits, to establish impact measurement monitoring systems, including overall data collection/aggregation, and analysis.
- Lead the development of relevant and easily maintained monitoring tools and data collection systems for the projects. Work with the Sector leads, Project Managers and field staff to design measurable indicators and appropriate tools and ensure high level of community participation and ownership in doing so.
- Liaise with Humanitarian Team Leader, Sector Leads and the Project Managers in the development of appropriate baseline, midterm and final evaluation and special assessments / studies (ToRs, indicators, methodologies, and needs for external technical assistance).
Train / orient project staff and partners on program M&E issues:
- Build the capacity of project staff in all M&E-related areas (Logical framework, M&E plans) and other general project design skills including the monitoring of appropriate project objectives and indicators) to ensure effective monitoring of activities.
- In collaboration with the Project Managers, facilitate training and other capacity-building activities for all project key stakeholders.
- Provide regular M&E trainings as needed, for field staff and partners in order to ensure proper implementation of the M&E plan
Periodically review and/or develop project documents relating to impact measurement:
- Set targets and benchmarks within a time frame for all indicators in collaboration with other team members
- With the support of the Sector Leads and Project Managers, facilitate the updating of the projects’ logical framework and/or the monitoring of appropriate indicators .
- Supervise and coordinate data collection exercises and ensure the accuracy of all data collected by developing terms of reference for enumerators recruitment and ensure the supervision of data collection (baseline, midline and endline), data entry, data analysis and compilation of internal and donor’s report
Lead the SRH & GBV sector’s Knowledge management, sharing and institutional learning process:
- Work with the projects to systematically document all processes, tools and lessons learned and liaise with other senior project staff in order to identify areas of improvement.
- Explore possible opportunities to share/disseminate SRH & GBV sectors’ evaluation results and take advantage of such opportunities
- Assists in preparing donor progress reports
- Facilitate knowledge generation and lessons learnt events within CARE as well as with the State Ministry of Health and partner organizations through archives, publications (like newsletters) and other knowledge sharing forums.
- Keep abreast of development in the field of M&E and ensure that, new approaches, experiences of other organisations, lessons, best practices, research and strategies from donors, practitioners and policy –makers are disseminated to the project team.
Perform other program M &E duties as assigned.
Among other tasks the M & E officer will:
- Coordinate PIIRS data collection and contribute special initiatives undertaken by CARE USA
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences / Statistics / or related fields
- Diploma in Rural development, demography/statistics, mathematics, or related fields, and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Specialized training in statistical software and/or data processing
- At least two years of Emergency response experience, with significant experience in monitoring and evaluation, especially in SRH, GBV or other health –related fields.
- Experience in project implementation with an NGO, research institution, or development body (donor, UN agencies, development agencies/banks).
- 2 or more years in a design, monitoring and evaluation position.
- Prior experience with CARE International or similar organization.
- Experience working in a conflict-affected/crisis setting with a focus on M&E.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and experience in the use of project planning and monitoring tools.
- Strong computer skills, including statistical programs (e.g. SPSS, Epi-Info, etc.)
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Experience in training and facilitation for M&E activities.
- Very strong writing skills
- Ability to work closely within a team/group environment
- Language: English and Hausa are required
- Practical experience with statistical surveys (qualitative and quantitative).
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Integrity and Accountability
- Diversity and Respect
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and strategically.
- Able to take initiative in mobilizing and facilitating activities.
- Multi-tasking and coordination skills (Planning & Organizing).
- Strong inter-personal skills.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the e-mail the position being applied for and the location (in Caps e.g. MEAL OFFICER (SRH & GBV) - MAIDUGURI) to: [email protected] Conditions By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.