CA Global Jobs in Nigeria : HOD: Metallurgy
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CA Global
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Nigeria
CA Global – A Mining Company Based in West Africa is looking for a Head of Department: Metallurgy to manage all aspects related to the processing plant (production and maintenance) to ensure that performance and associated standards are met.
HOD: Metallurgy (Processing / Metallurgical / Diamond / Production and Maintenance) – West Africa
- Ensure that appropriate SHE systems and practices are implemented within the department.
- Ensure that utilisation, throughput and recovery targets are being met.
- Ensure that suitable personnel are available and utilised. This includes development and training of personnel.
- Ensure that all plant operations are running efficiently against industry best practices and appropriate standards by updating, recording, archiving and analysis of all plant related data.
- Ensure that appropriate metallurgical input is provided for business plans and forecasts (e.g. monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts).
- Ensure that cost and cash flow targets are met.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are developed and implemented in the department. These includes policies and procedures applicable to: Main processing plant ;Final Recovery ; Slimes Dam and Tailings Dump ; Return Water Dam and Plant Water Supply
- Identify and mitigate the top risks within the metallurgical department/discipline.
- Submit required management reports and liaise with the Principal Process Engineer on discipline related issues.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc/BTech/NDip in Extractive Metallurgy/Metallurgical Engineering or in Chemical Engineering from a reputable university/institution.
- A suitable management course (e.g. MDP, MAP).
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in diamond processing plants. This must include a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Extensive experience with operational and business systems.
- A track record of training and developing local staff.
- The ability to lead and direct a multi-disciplinary team and work in a fast-paced, schedule driven environment.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related tax free net salary
- 2 years Contract
- life and medical insurance
- 56 days on 24 days off working rotation