BIA Jobs in Nigeria : Supervisor,Construction
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Bridge International Academies
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Nigeria
Bridge International Academies is transforming education by attacking one of the emerging world’s biggest problems: inadequate access to and quality of education for the children of families living on less than $2/day. As of May 2016, Bridge is operating more than 500 academies across Kenya,Uganda, Nigeria, Liberia and India with 130,000 + pupils. Bridge is the fastest growing education company in the world with plans for continued aggressive global expansion in 2016 and beyond.
Bridge utilizes a research-proven, scripted-learning education methodology coupled with big data (all teachers have tablets for instruction, assessment, and data-gathering) to profitably deliver high quality education at less than $6 per child per month.
Bridge International Academies offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting, ambitious, and socially conscious companies, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies. We look forward to getting to know you!
About this position
The Supervisor, Construction is responsible for construction activities at allocated Academy sites. This begins with appraisal of proposed new sites and includes ensuring that prior arrangements are made for effective project start up, smooth work progress and payments, effective decision making and finalised project close-out.
S/he is also responsible for the liaison between the sites and the corporate office in terms of information flows and record keeping.
Carry out initial site visit, document the site characteristics, evaluate the implications of site conditions to construction and prepare a report.
Carry out all tasks that are necessary for the construction to commence effectively and complete the start-up checklist for approval.
Prepare or modify the standard contract for site specific issues, discuss it with the Site Foreman and manage it throughout the construction period.
- Prepare or modify the standard schedule of materials, prepare materials requisitions, confirm orders and deliveries, ensure proper materials acceptance procedures are duly applied, retrieve from site and forward to corporate office the delivery notes and invoices, request payments and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Source qualified Site Foremen (where necessary), skilled and unskilled labourers, manage labour records, manage labour payments, retrieve from site and forward to headquarters the invoices and time sheets, request payments and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Carry out day-to-day monitoring of progress of work on site, tracking to ensure programme targets are met, planning and implementing remedial measures in case of programme slippage, including feedback information for programme improvement. Carry out early morning daily calls, prepare daily email reports and prepare weekly work programmes.
- Workmanship and Quality Control
- Communicate the quality standards, implement procedures to ensure that work meets them, monitor and provide feedback information for improved quality.
- Compute or modify budget estimates for approval, prepare payment requests for approval, confirm and record payments completed and balances and file away the payment acknowledgement.
- Records Management
- Implement the proper entering and updating of site records including the site book, invoices, time sheets and prepare summary reports as required.
- Ensure the employment of only desirable workers on the Academy sites, maintain smooth labour relations and provide feedback information for improved quality.
- Minimum Qualifications; Higher Diploma in Building, Construction, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in site supervision on busy sites preferably in labour intensive project
- Good knowledge of basic construction technology and practices.
- Good planner, well organized and able to carry out simple analysis tasks.
- Should be able to source skilled labour locally and handle labour-related issues arising on site from time to time
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
- Good people management skills that result in timely meeting of deadlines
- Ability and willingness to accept instructions, accept criticism and positive feedback, while being very adaptable and flexible