American University of Nigeria Job Vacancy : Sound Engineer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Location: Yola, Adamawa, Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The Events & Ceremonies Department within the University Relations Division, is seeking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sound Engineer
Department: AUN Hotel
Summary Of Position
- The Sound Engineer identify the sound requirements for a given events/activities and provide support as may be required.
- He/She is required to assemble, operate and maintain the technical equipment used for live event in line with the established standards and procedures of the American University of Nigeria Events and Ceremonies department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, and Sound Engineering.
- Three years’ post NYSC experience working in same or similar position
- Possess requisite experience with AV and Video technologies and usage
- Good working knowledge of AV practices and procedures, as well as AV set-up and staging.
- Great ability and willingness to work under stress and extended hours, including weekends and public holidays. In addition, must be willing to travel outside Yola (Michika, Mubi, etc) as may be assigned.
- Manual Dexterity: Must be able to provide examples of use of hand & power tools and other related mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Must demonstrated evidence of utilizing safe work practices.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills are a must.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft applications.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume, Cover Letters and references to: [email protected] before the closing date above. Note
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the e-mail
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.