ACF-International Job Vacancy : Food Security and Livelihood Sector Co-lead
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood Sector Co-lead
You’ll Contribute to Ending World Hunger By
- Contributing to the facilitation of a well-coordinated, coherent and strategic Food Security in emergencies response in Nigeria.
Key Activities in your Role Will Include:
- Supporting Food Security Sector service delivery
- Informing strategic decision-making of the Operational/Humanitarian Country Team for the humanitarian response
- Planning and strategy development.
- Identify advocacy concerns to contribute to the Operational/Humanitarian Country Team’s messaging and actions
- Monitoring and reporting the implementation of the Food Security Sector strategy and results; recommend corrective actions where necessary.
- Contingency planning/preparedness activities in areas and situations where there is a high risk of recurring or significant new disaster.
Does this Description Fit You
- You have a Bachelors degree in Food Security, Agriculture, Economics or related field. (Masters Degree Preferred).
- You have att least 6 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 3 years of experience in coordination.
- You have a professional experience in humanitarian response at a mid- or senior level including in the food security sector.
- You are technically competent in the food security and agriculture sector and in the Cluster approach.
- You have a strong understanding of humanitarian principles and how to apply these.
- You are able to work productively in a pressurized environment and to maintains visibly high levels of morale in difficult circumstances.
- You have experience of high level coordination and chairing of meetings; ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders and develop consensus and joint working; excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have a strong understanding of funding mechanisms (e.g. Consolidated Appeals Process, Central Emergency Response Fund, Country Humanitarian Fund, and Flash Appeals).
- You Understand the links between emergency response, recovery, and the transition to development.
- You are able to develop a cluster strategy and to clarify complex strategies for operational implementation.
- You have an Understanding of the international humanitarian response architecture, including coordination mechanisms, and humanitarian reform and action.
- You are able to work and plan at strategic as well as operational levels;
- You have previous experience in Nigeria or similar context with conflict/access analysis ability.
- You have good organization skills and are able to represent the organization at different levels.
- You easily integrate with remote areas living conditions.
- You are self-disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
- You have strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2018.