Accountant at Alan & Grant
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Alan & Grant
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Nigeria
Alan & Grant – Our client is a leading capital market conglomerate offering Wealth Management Services, Stockbroking Services, Registrars Services, Corporate Financing and Trustee services.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Zip/Postal Code: 234
Industry: Financial Services
- Provide full financial and management accounting services to the Management, especially, MD/CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide management decision-making, particularly in the areas of assets and liability management (ALM).
- Establish comprehensive operational guidelines & workflows covering all business transactions and processes.
- Maintain contacts and liaise with bankers, auditors, regulatory authorities (SEC, NSE, PFAs, and e.t.c), tax authorities (Federal & State) to ensure compliance and long term financial security and stability.
- Participate in meetings of departmental heads as necessary and work closely with all departmental heads/management team, advising them on likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of actions.
- Be prepared to act as a member of project management team as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial records and data input.
- Ensure production of accurate monthly and quarterly performance reports and management accounts.
- Ensure financial and other reporting systems are maintained in accordance with company’s accounting policies and relevant standards required by regulatory bodies, management and external auditors.
- Prepare weekly and monthly banks’ reconciliation reports.
- Ensure error-free trades posting into software(s) and timely settlement.
- Manage and monitor daily cash position to ensure effective liquidity management as well as minimize company’s exposures/liability
- Production and submission of quarterly reports and any other reports as may be requested to SEC in specified format.
- Ensure effective coordination of offers processes and returns rending to issuing houses.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of first Degree in any Management Science/Social Science related discipline preferably in Accounting, Economics/Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate work experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic/similar position in the financial services sector
- Professional qualification- A minimum of ACA/ACCA is compulsory while other qualifications such as ACS, ACTI, CFA will be added advantage.
- Good planner with analytical and problem solving flair.
- Strategic thinker with superb ability to micro manage and ensure operational excellence.
- Good attitude of seeing other departments/staff colleagues as internal clients.
- Commitment to providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
- Ability to demonstrate oral and written communication excellence to staff and nonstaff.
- Ability to coach and develop colleagues and delegate accountability to encourage staff responsibility and engagement.
- Excellent understanding of financial and accounting systems.
- Good grasp of accounting software and Microsoft Office, especially Excel at a minimum of intermediate level.
- Ability to adapt to changing situation and structures.
- A good team builder and manager.
Application Closing Date