WfWI Jobs in Nigeria : Finance Assistant
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Women for Women International (WfWI)
- Location: Plateau, Nigeria
- State: Plateau Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Nigeria - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager and the Accountant with financial management, payroll and logistical transactions.
Assistance with General Accounting/Financial Management and Reporting:
- Manage the office petty cash in safe and reconcile daily
- Assist with financial transactions to be recorded on daily basis into the country office accounting system.
- Assist with preparing and submitting monthly financial reports in the required Women for Women International format.
- Assist in managing cash flow, and country office bank accounts.
- Assist with preparing payments for vendors/contractors for goods and services received.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring that authorization levels are respected in the approval of all payments prior to fund disbursement.
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain and monitor an effective Country Office filing system including but not limited to; bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer records, bank statements, invoice, timesheets and payroll records.
- Assist with ensuring that the internal control procedures and donor regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate back up for US – A133 compliance.
- The Finance Assistance will have access to sensitive and confidential information and is expected to act with utmost discretion and integrity.
Assistance with Logistics:
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Accountant with the maintenance of inventory and controls for the country office fixed assets (i.e., such as vehicles, furniture and computer equipment). Maintain and update the inventory list and depreciation schedule for fixed assets.
- Assist with preparation of monthly payroll working to ensure that Country Office payroll is done in compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
- Assist with managing timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy and filing.
- Ensure the monthly payroll allocations entries are properly calculated, coded and entered appropriately into accounting system, including review and approval of allocations specific grants and projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting or Business;
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a Finance or Accounting department;
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation and email along with data entry experience.
- Familiarity with Quick Books Pro accounting software is desirable
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take initiative;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Finance Assistance will be held to the highest ethical standards.
- Commitment and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values.
- Discretion with sensitive materials and a strong understanding of confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
2nd December, 2016.