WEWE Jobs in Nigeria : Program Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
- Location: Owerri, Imo, Nigeria
- State: Imo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
WEWE seeks application from qualified persons for the vacant position in the USAID-funded LOPIN-2 project:
Job Title: Program Officer
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for direct management and coordination of all project activities in the state, in line with project implementation plan.
- Ensures that all project activities in the state meet effective programming standards and best practices established by WEWE-LOPIN 2 and the Nigerian Government especially the National Standards for Improving the Quality of Life of Vulnerable Children in Nigeria.
- Ensure that services provided to vulnerable children are needs based and in line with the National service standard and the PEPFAR guidelines
- Provide support to stakeholders at State, LGA and IAs levels to develop state specific workplans to address identified needs of OVC
- Strengthen technical capacity of IAs in OVC programming, service provisions and governance.
- Coordinate state project activities to ensure successful implementation of household centered and community based approach
- Provide technical leadership for need assessments and design activities to ensure implementation of innovative approaches including mainstreaming of gender into LOPIN-2 activities.
- Carry out advocacy to integrate budget for OVC activities into state and LGA annual budget
- Represent the organization at meetings with government agencies, other implementing partners, service providers, OVC Technical Working group and State OVC Steering Committee meetings etc
- Support community improvement Teams activities.
- Ensure compliance to all donor requirements in program, activities and reports
- Provide timely update on grant work plan progress.
- Participate in project review meetings, project monitoring, reporting and documentation.
- A Degree in Social Sciences with at least 4 years post National Youth Service experience, which must include at least 2 years in OVC programming, health, education and sub granting.
- Also, preferred are knowledge of Household Economic Strengthening, community development program, and NGO/CBOs collaborative relationship.
- An MPH is an added advantage. Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
- A first class or second class upper is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email. Note
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.