WEWE Jobs in Nigeria : OVC Improvement Officer
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
- Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria
- State: Akwa Ibom Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
WEWE seeks application from qualified persons for the vacant position in the USAID-funded LOPIN-2 project:
Job Title: OVC Improvement Officer
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The overall role of the Improvement Officer:
- Support the implementation of technical activities to improve the well-being and care for vulnerable children, and their households in Akwa Ibom State using the national service standard and improvement science
- Responsible for ensuring eligible vulnerable children and households are enrolled into LOPIN Project
- Responsible for ensuring that service provisions are of quality, based on identified needs and in line with the National service standard and the PEPFAR guidelines
- Supervise and follow up of case plans for VC and their households
- Facilitate the formation of Improvement teams at the local government and community level in Akwa Ibom State
- Supervise community volunteers and community improvement teams
- Provide ongoing mentoring and support supervision to community volunteers and community improvement teams.
- Facilitate the coordination of strong referral network system and linkages
- Map available resources to serve the needs of the vulnerable children and their households in the community
- Responsible for setting up/monitoring of caregivers forums in LOPIN Project communities
- Responsible for the set up/establishment kiddiesyouth clubs
- Facilitate the setup/ monitoring of village savings and contribution group (VSCA) with the assistance of Improvement Manager
- Ensure that HIV prevention and gender are integrated into the program
- Conduct monthly meetings with community volunteers to review activities and ensure that service delivery is in line with stipulated standards
- Facilitate VC and household graduation
- Conduct regular site visits to assess implementation of activities.
- Coordinate a community based Public Private Partnership (PPP) fund raising drive to mobilize funds for each households
- Support the coaching of IAs, State, LGA and Community Improvement Teams in the implementation of national service standards to bring about improvement in service rendered to vulnerable children
- Assist in providing technical assistance to Social Development/LGA welfare department aimed at strengthening capacity of the government to perform their coordinator role.
- Write monthly programmatic/technical reports, document success stories and best practices
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social work, or Community Development studied or any social Science
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in community development work preferably in the field of OVC related
- Knowledge of quality improvement approaches is strongly desired
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with other implementing partners
- Good analytical skills
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired
- A first class or Second Class Upper Credit is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email. Note
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.