WaterAid Jobs in Nigeria : Sanitation Marketing Consultant
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: WaterAid Nigeria
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Enugu Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Nigeria
WaterAid Nigeria, an International non-governmental organization operating in Nigeria since 1995 to bring about needed improvements in safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sanitation Marketing Consultant
Schedule: Full-time position (6 months); renewable based upon availability of funding and performance
Reports to: Sanitation Marketing Manager
- The Consultants will support WaterAid’s SanMark effort as part of the Sustainable Total Sanitation (STS) project – which is aimed at building the supply of aspirational, affordable sanitation solutions for Nigerian households, as well as helping generate awareness of, and demand for, these products.
- The Consultants will lead, coach, and support WaterAid’s SanMark effort at the State level during this critical scale-up phase.
- The Consultants will assess and improve the business model and implement other needed actions in order to expand the market and increase sales.
- Support local SanMark entrepreneurs to effectively produce and market household sanitation solutions.
- Track and analyse sales patterns, pricing, sales commissions, credit options, incentive schemes, and other elements of the business model.
- Recommend and implement any needed changes or improvements to the business model.
- Work with WaterAid staff and local project partners to organise and conduct effective marketing and sales events.
- Explore locally available financing options for sanitation businesses as well as consumers, promote awareness of these options, and help facilitate access to financing to the extent practicable.
- Support information sharing and collaboration with Local Government and project partners on relevant issues.
- Provide support to periodic project research efforts (carried out by WaterAid or partner organisations) in the target areas.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
The successful candidate should have the following characteristics and/or experience:
- Educational requirements are flexible. Regardless of the candidate’s Degree(s) obtained, practical hands-on experience in running a business, conducting marketing and promotions, and analysing local markets in Nigeria are what is desired.
- A University Degree or Higher National Diploma in Marketing, Economics, Agricultural Extension, or Business Development would be strengths. However, as mentioned above, relevant and equivalent experience also will be considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a coordinator or supervisor in a private sector business, or with a non-profit organisation directly involved in private sector initiatives.
- Experience living and working in small towns and rural areas, and a deep understanding of the drivers of poverty in these areas.
- Good skills in developing professional networks.
- Prior experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), agricultural extension, or other relevant endeavours are an advantage.
- An understanding of, or experience in the construction, sanitation, or civil works industries is an advantage.
- Good to excellent English language capabilities. Competency or fluency in one or more major local languages in Enugu and/or Ekiti states would be significant advantage.
- Working knowledge of computers and essential business software packages such as Word, Outlook, etc.
- Working knowledge of communications platforms and social media, and their potential role in business development would be an advantage.
- Passionate about working in local communities and improving the livelihoods, health, and well-being of Nigerians.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date