VSF Jobs in Nigeria : Security Officer – VCG B (2 Positions)
Welcome to Jobsinnigeria.careers. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Nigeria. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Victims Support Fund (VSF)
- Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria - Security Jobs in Nigeria
The Nigeria Foundation for the Support of Victims of Terrorism – Victims Support Fund (VSF) – is a programme-based organisation that provides interventions to support victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria.
Our vision is to be the foremost knowledge-driven and programme-based organization, mobilizing sustainable funding and building partnerships for the support and transformation of victims of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria. At Victims Support Fund, We believe that each employee is crucial to the delivery of our values and objectives and hope you wilt take pride in being a member of our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer – VCG B
Summary of Role
- Ensure that VSF operates with excellent security coverage without threat or damage to staff, visitors and its assets.
- The Security Officer would plan, coordinate and oversee the provision of adequate security coverage for VSF’s personnel, facitities and other assets in all areas of its operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development and implementation of security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, including employee education and awareness.
- Oversee a network of security personnel who safeguard the VSF’s assets, and the physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Oversee the development of, and be the enterprise champion of, a corporate security awareness and training program.
- Evaluate changes to the corporate environment for security impact and present findings to management.
- Collaborate with other security stakeholders to maintain security of employees at theAbuja and State Offices.
- Any other business assigned from time to time by Management.
- Degree qualified in relevant field (Management; Social Sciences etc.): or any other related field in the area of Security Management.
- Possession of a Masters Degree would bean added advantage for the position.
Certification and Training:
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Security related job at senior level, either in the Police or Military or Pare Military environment.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Nigeria Police, Military and Other Related Bodies. Must be a retired officer with useful links and network in the security apparatus of the country, Good communication skills: excellent computer skills and good interpersonal skills. Great organizational skill is desirable.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2017.